Closed Solved

Which PSU wire to plug into new 6950?

So I just got an HIS 6950, the quick start guide isn't really helping with this problem at all.

So my PSU is 800 watts, my old card was a GTS 250, which had ONE of these 6 pin plugs plugged into it, however I found a second one bundled up to the side. (I got my computer from Cyberpowerpc)

I'm assuming I use both of these to power the 6950? It also came with two dual MOLEX to 6 pin adaptors but I don't think I need to use them?

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which wire plug 6950
  1. use the second 6 pin PCie connector, It mainly to help spread the amperage and reduce heat issues at the connector. Be happy you dont melt your connector. :-)
  2. So by the second one you mean the one that's at the bottom of the picture?
  3. Yes use the 2nd 6-pin as well as the one you used for the GTS 250. The 6950 has 2 sockets for those 6-pins cable to go in. You don't need to use the molex to 6 pin converter
  4. Right, but each cable has two 6-pin connectors on them. Does it matter which one i sue?
  5. nope. as seen in your picture, the bottom right cable is split into two 6-pins connectors, so just use those.
  6. Alright, that makes sense, but just to clarify (I'm very prone to mess something up.)
    Do I use both Red, both purple, or both blue.

7. Best answer
    Actually it does not even matter which combination of those connectors you choose to match, as long as they are 6-pins, you are okay. Just choose the combination which makes your cable management neater.
  8. Alright sweet, thanks a lot.
  9. Best answer selected by 454xalucard.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components