I5 Gaming Build: Final Thoughts?

prolific

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
I started a thread a few weeks back based on an i7 build I thought I was going for. I am going to end up waiting to purchase after Black Friday it looks like as I realized that I'm really in no rush and the idea of potentially catching some deals is too good to pass up. Here was my original thread: Thoughts On This i7 Build

-------

Approximate Purchase Date: After Black Friday / first week of December.

Budget Range: $1000-1300, not including combo deals or rebates. I'd be willing to go over budget a bit if the part(s) is really that necessary - any and all comments/suggestions/critiques welcomed, please.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, TF2, Starcraft II, Brink), web browsing, media (videos, music, and movies).

Parts Not Required: Monitor, OS, keyboard, and mouse.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com ONLY (won't be able to make it a Micro Center, for example).

Country of Origin: United States

Parts Preferences: Intel, other than that, no preference.

Overclocking: No (none at all, ever).

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Here's what my cart at Newegg looks like as of this morning:

Processor: i5-760
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156
RAM: G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GeForce GTX 470
Hard Drive: Spinpoint F3
Case: Antec P183
Power Supply: Corsair 650TX-650W
--------
$1018.93

So just over a grand, not too bad I don't think. The only other part that I'd consider adding is a SSD and only if I can catch one on sale around Black Friday. Other than that, looking for any and all comments or suggestions. Thanks again for all the help, this forum has been great.

prolific

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for the reply man, that's what I like to here lol.

I put a pretty decent amount of time looking over parts and trying to get the most "bang for my buck" so-to-speak. I'm pretty happy with what I'm looking at at the moment. Not to mention the whole i5 vs i7 in regards to gaming debate, I think I made some good choices. Thanks once again.