Playing Blu Ray Disk

sillysoft

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
I just recently bought a blu ray player for my computer:

LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black (WH14NS40)

I installed it on my Windows 7 system but when I put a blu ray disk in nothing happens. It wont play any blu ray movie I have bought. From my understanding special software is needed to play a blu ray movie on the computer? If so what software is needed? Is there a free program out there that can play my movies? Or do I need to buy software? Either way looking for recommendation of software needed to play my blu ray movies.

Solution
Two issues. First you need a player that will support BR disks. I use Corel Win DVD 11 and Power DVD 12, but both cost. You might want to try out a free one, DAPLAYER.

The other issue is that BR content protection might not allow you to play the movies on your computer -- you'll have to give it a try to see if that is an issue. We can't discuss the workarounds for that here, it is against forum policy.

RealBeast

Titan
Two issues. First you need a player that will support BR disks. I use Corel Win DVD 11 and Power DVD 12, but both cost. You might want to try out a free one, DAPLAYER.

The other issue is that BR content protection might not allow you to play the movies on your computer -- you'll have to give it a try to see if that is an issue. We can't discuss the workarounds for that here, it is against forum policy.

Solution