PSU plug in or no plug which is better?

Solution
I chose a modular power supply simply because I have a small case so there isn't much room to hide the spare cables. I also chose the power supply I have, the Cooler Master 850 W Silent Pro because it uses flat black cable designs where as some power supplies will have a bundle of yellow and black wires that are a little harder to run and cause a slight loss of airflow.

As ko888 stated though, the point where the cables plug in to the supply is one more point that could fail, although unlikely, it could happen.

popatim

Titan
It's your choice. modular is nice but you still end up with a bundle of wires, just not as many as the non-modular PSU's.
Non-modular is nice in that when you install something, you don't have to go hunting for another cable; "hmmm, where did I put those." LOL

shovenose

Distinguished
modular cables are cool, but it you arent very picky and dont care about having a few extra cabes then a standard psu is fine.
modular cables are for if you are either a neat freak or you believe in maximizing air flow. but i would recmmend a standard psu and just spening 5 minutes extr hiding away the cables.
anyway, non-modular (standard) power supplies are cheaper :)

axipher

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I chose a modular power supply simply because I have a small case so there isn't much room to hide the spare cables. I also chose the power supply I have, the Cooler Master 850 W Silent Pro because it uses flat black cable designs where as some power supplies will have a bundle of yellow and black wires that are a little harder to run and cause a slight loss of airflow.

As ko888 stated though, the point where the cables plug in to the supply is one more point that could fail, although unlikely, it could happen.

Solution

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

Thanks everyone. I went back a bought the Scythe Gouriki 3 700 watt psu. It has total 12V 80A.
It is the bundle one.