Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How Can I recover my old files? Anyone help me, please..

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 26, 2013 7:31:39 PM

Hello. I just wannka ask you something, but maybe is later...
This summer in a 2012 I losted my files. I'm a big fan and collectioner of the electronic music - progressive, tech house, techno, minimal.

I used/using Windows Vista and some day all my background was black. I made something, but can't remember. Something like "boot" and.. I re-installed my Windows.
Now from August till now I have many new music files...

Is there a way to recover my deleted files in august, if is possible? I tried 3-4 programs like Pareto, GetDataBack for NTFS, Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery - Home & iCare data Recovery Software, but nothing...

If someone can help me, if is possible, just tell me, please.
Cheers!

More about : recover files

a c 79 G Storage
February 26, 2013 7:47:03 PM

It is approximately six months since August 2012. During that six months, the hard drive will have had a lot of data written to it which will have destroyed the files you are trying to recover.

In order to recover deleted data you need to use recovery software straight away, not six months later, and since you've already tried 3-4 recovery programs without success, I do not think you will get those files back.

Please remember that important files should be saved on at least two hard drives, not just one.
February 27, 2013 12:34:25 AM

Yes! phil22 is absolutely correct! The newly saving files has overwritten your original data and erased it permanently. That's why all the recovery tools cannot make a sense. So, you should learn to do regular data backups all the time in the future.
Related resources
a b G Storage
February 27, 2013 12:51:09 AM

the reinstall means reformat so like phill22 write you lost them .
February 27, 2013 3:34:35 AM

scout_03 said:
the reinstall means reformat so like phill22 write you lost them .

No! reinstall is not formatting in deletes the same old files and installs the files again
February 27, 2013 3:38:07 AM

did you reinstall windows vista with your old files? did you format your computer? who reinstalled your computer? well if first question's answer is no then you cannot recover your lost files. lesson here " always create a backup copy of your files
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 27, 2013 11:37:43 AM

config33 said:
did you reinstall windows vista with your old files? did you format your computer? who reinstalled your computer? well if first question's answer is no then you cannot recover your lost files. lesson here " always create a backup copy of your files

When I installed the windows everything was new. I don't remember when i made this, if I formatted the hard.
I don't care about othe files, only about the music, who was 110 GB only selected music.

Quote:
Hello,

As we know that if any hard disk overwritten again and again there are very less possibility to recover old data from hard disk,but you can take a chance with a data recovery tool from here http://www.ntfsfilerecovery.org I am not sure about your data recover or not with this tool but i have a good experience with this,hope it help you.

Tried but nothing...

Anyway thanks for the help. It's my mistake :( 
a c 748 G Storage
September 27, 2013 4:14:51 PM

Please dont respond to 6 month old threads. The OP is not trying to recover from a flash card.
Thanks.
February 9, 2014 7:20:11 PM

Yes, you can recover deleted files of iPhone from an old backup, but it will recover everything in that backup; there's no way to selectively recover from a backup. Which is a good reason to back up daily.
If you back up to your computer connect the phone to your computer, right click on it in iTunes, and choose "restore from backup". If you back up to iCloud go to Settings/General/Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. You will then be asked if you want to restore from the iCloud backup with iPhone Data Recovery.
March 6, 2014 11:52:21 PM

I just got an iPhone 5S and I shot some files on it before I synced it to iTunes. I (yes, stupidly because I didn't understand what the term completely entailed) restored the old iPhone to the new one and wiped out the files. It looks like you can recover from the old phone even without back up but currently no one has software for recovering files after a restore on a 5S, and I checked out iPhone Data Recovery and other programs, and happened to find them nice.

More about:
How to recover files from iPhone
!