What should I do with my VGA card?

mylittlehouse

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Bought a XFX Radeon HD 4650 1GB three weeks ago at a local Best Buy store for a second monitor hookup to my desk top. The card was on sale for $91.95 plus tax (for a total of around $100).

I though I got a good deal until yesterday when I found much cheaper price on the same card on a price comparison site. I could have saved $35 to $40 on the same card had I checked on this site before going to the Best Buy store.

Here are the cards on the site and you can see that out of eight stores, Best Buy has the highest price on the card and Amazon has the lowest price. Since Best Buy return policy is 15 days from the date of purchase, what can I do? Any opinion?

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Well, if it's past warranty, there's not much you can do. I would never shop for components at Best Buy unless the price is ridiculously cheap. Stores like Best Buy always overprice hardware components because the casual customer wouldn't know what's right from wrong. I guess the best thing you can do is stick with it and try not to remind yourself about paying extra for the card.

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Could always tell a little lie and say that there is an "Intermittent" problem with the card and that you either want full refund or a store credit.

Due to it being an "intermittent" fault, tey cant prove its "Not" faulty. :)

Ive used this trick a few times..