Report from the Old Folks' Home

I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
occasion (for me, anyway).

Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
"Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a public
server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths (mostly
with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ, who
had 50 kills and 40 deaths.

But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.

I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it was
pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged, and
out-fragged.

A story of hope for us old folks*...

~ SomeOldDude ~

*Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

Sloper

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

SomeOldDude wrote:

> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a public
> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths (mostly
> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ, who
> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.

Good stuff SomeOldDude!
Another player recently asked me what I was doing there, as "computer
games are for young people". I was determined to outscore him after he
said that.... I kicked his arse! Now he says Hi when he sees me :)

Meltdown

SomeOldDude enlightened us with:
> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably
> last) "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge
> map on a public server with 19 other fraggers.

Congrats dude!

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

I think that godlike and wicked sick comes with age. I dont have any yet and
I am 3 years younger (or so) then you guys.
It must be the expirence that counts.

When you are dead then then I am better :)

"Sloper" <steveo40uk@yahoo.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse
> SomeOldDude wrote:
>
>> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
>> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
>> public
>> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
>> (mostly
>> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
>> who
>> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>
> Good stuff SomeOldDude!
> Another player recently asked me what I was doing there, as "computer
> games are for young people". I was determined to outscore him after he
> said that.... I kicked his arse! Now he says Hi when he sees me :)

And by the way congratulations. I hope my day comes ............

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
> occasion (for me, anyway).
>
> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> public
> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> (mostly
> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> who
> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>
> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>
> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it was
> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
> and
> out-fragged.
>
> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>
> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>

> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

Glad to see some more 40+ players, I'm 45 and still playing and hosting < g
> hey it's the only way to stay young lol

Halftrack

"HaglStorm_DK" <olebech@e-mail.dk> wrote in message
> And by the way congratulations. I hope my day comes ............
>
> "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
>> occasion (for me, anyway).
>>
>> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
>> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
>> public
>> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
>> (mostly
>> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
>> who
>> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>>
>> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>>
>> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it
>> was
>> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
>> and
>> out-fragged.
>>
>> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>>
>> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>>

>> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

Ohhh boy it's good to hear that will keep my spirit up for some months.....
I was starting to think I am too old for this gaming, and should start
looking at chess or bridge like other oldies...

Thanks for sharing your accomplishment - keep it up.

PyroStorm

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
> occasion (for me, anyway).
>
> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
public
> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
(mostly
> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
who
> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>
> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>
> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it was
> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
and
> out-fragged.
>
> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>
> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>

> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

We're the ol'boys club

"Age will prevail"

Let's show those teens that once in a while they must respect the
experience. Game on for many hours so that it's way past their bed-time -
then we can out frag them :)))

Pyro with the Gyro

"HaglStorm_DK" <olebech@e-mail.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> I think that godlike and wicked sick comes with age. I dont have any yet
and
> I am 3 years younger (or so) then you guys.
> It must be the expirence that counts.
>
> When you are dead then then I am better :)
>
> "Sloper" <steveo40uk@yahoo.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse
> > SomeOldDude wrote:
> >
> >> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> >> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> >> public
> >> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> >> (mostly
> >> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> >> who
> >> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
> >
> > Good stuff SomeOldDude!
> > Another player recently asked me what I was doing there, as "computer
> > games are for young people". I was determined to outscore him after he
> > said that.... I kicked his arse! Now he says Hi when he sees me :)

From one old folk to another! Congrats! Keep on Fragging!

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message
> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
> occasion (for me, anyway).
>
> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
public
> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
(mostly
> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
who
> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>
> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>
> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it was
> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
and
> out-fragged.
>
> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>
> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>

> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

erhh.. PyroStorm_DK - there is something familiar about that name.
Are you the old mand in the wheelchair in my neighborhood?

"PyroStorm_DK" <hborgen@slet.hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Ohhh boy it's good to hear that will keep my spirit up for some
> months.....
> I was starting to think I am too old for this gaming, and should start
> looking at chess or bridge like other oldies...
>
> Thanks for sharing your accomplishment - keep it up.
>
> PyroStorm
>
> "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
>> occasion (for me, anyway).
>>
>> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
>> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> public
>> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> (mostly
>> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> who
>> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>>
>> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>>
>> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it
>> was
>> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
> and
>> out-fragged.
>>
>> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>>
>> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>>

>> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

mark

Us "old folks" usually have an advantage in being able to afford the best
toys like a top of the line system.

"The Umpire" <jf73411@nebula.com> wrote in message
> From one old folk to another! Congrats! Keep on Fragging!
>

> "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message
>> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
>> occasion (for me, anyway).
>>
>> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
>> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> public
>> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> (mostly
>> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> who
>> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
>>
>> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
>>
>> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it
>> was
>> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
> and
>> out-fragged.
>>
>> A story of hope for us old folks*...
>>
>> ~ SomeOldDude ~
>>

>> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

Thats me, alias Ironside.....

I get the nurse to take over to the net-cafe every now and then.
You must be the elderly gent with the hunch-back and parot on the shoulder..

Cya out-there

> erhh.. PyroStorm_DK - there is something familiar about that name.
> Are you the old mand in the wheelchair in my neighborhood?
>
> "PyroStorm_DK" <hborgen@slet.hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Ohhh boy it's good to hear that will keep my spirit up for some
> > months.....
> > I was starting to think I am too old for this gaming, and should start
> > looking at chess or bridge like other oldies...
> >
> > Thanks for sharing your accomplishment - keep it up.
> >
> > PyroStorm
> >
> > "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> >> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
> >> occasion (for me, anyway).
> >>
> >> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> >> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> > public
> >> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> > (mostly
> >> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> > who
> >> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
> >>
> >> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
> >>
> >> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it
> >> was
> >> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
> > and
> >> out-fragged.
> >>
> >> A story of hope for us old folks*...
> >>
> >> ~ SomeOldDude ~
> >>

> >> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

Difference between boys and men are the price of their toys.

(Seen on the cover of the manual to a BMW)

"Mark" <mustango656@comcast.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Us "old folks" usually have an advantage in being able to afford the best
> toys like a top of the line system.
>

> "The Umpire" <jf73411@nebula.com> wrote in message
> > From one old folk to another! Congrats! Keep on Fragging!
> >

> > "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message
> >> I'd just like to take a moment of your time to celebrate a momentous
> >> occasion (for me, anyway).
> >>
> >> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> >> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a
> > public
> >> server with 19 other fraggers. Ended up with 42 frags and 2 deaths
> > (mostly
> >> with the shock rifle and flak cannon). And STILL got beat by PEE_NUTZ,
> > who
> >> had 50 kills and 40 deaths.
> >>
> >> But, in spite of the loss, I found it supremely satisfying.
> >>
> >> I know this probably isn't a big deal to a lot of you jokers... but it
> >> was
> >> pretty cool for me, since I usually find myself out-gunned, out-dodged,
> > and
> >> out-fragged.
> >>
> >> A story of hope for us old folks*...
> >>
> >> ~ SomeOldDude ~
> >>

> >> *Defined, in this context, as fraggers who are 40+.

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:56:25 +0100, "PyroStorm_DK"
<hborgen@slet.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Difference between boys and men are the price of their toys.
>
>(Seen on the cover of the manual to a BMW)

Boys never grow up. They just get better toys. Favourite saying
amongst the Robot Wars builders.

--

Julian Richards
usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

Usenet is how from the comfort of your own living room, you can converse
with people that you would never want in your house.

"Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:56:25 +0100, "PyroStorm_DK"
> <hborgen@slet.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Difference between boys and men are the price of their toys.
> >
> >(Seen on the cover of the manual to a BMW)
>
> Boys never grow up. They just get better toys. Favourite saying
> amongst the Robot Wars builders.
>

> --
>
> Julian Richards
> usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>
> Usenet is how from the comfort of your own living room, you can converse
> with people that you would never want in your house.

WOW at 44 I thought I was past it. So there is hope yet?
I thought I was the only "old git" here

Happy fragging

G00n3r

---

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:19:23 -0600, SomeOldDude wrote:

> Last night I scored my first "Godlike" and my first (and probably last)
> "Wicked Sick" while playing UT2004 DeathMatch in the Plunge map on a public
> server with 19 other fraggers.

Nice one 'Dude. I got Wicked Sick against (skilled) bots last night (not
the same thing I know) and took several screenshots. I was looking forward
to viewing them until I realised that my Limited User account had no write
permissions to the UT2004/ScreenShots directory.

ah heck.

Regards,

Pete.

P.S. 35 yr old Insta fan here.

"AgreatWelshMan" <avalid@emailaddress.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:56:25 +0100, "PyroStorm_DK"
> > <hborgen@slet.hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Difference between boys and men are the price of their toys.
> > >
> > >(Seen on the cover of the manual to a BMW)
> >
> > Boys never grow up. They just get better toys. Favourite saying
> > amongst the Robot Wars builders.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Julian Richards
> > usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
> >
> > Usenet is how from the comfort of your own living room, you can converse
> > with people that you would never want in your house.
>
> WOW at 44 I thought I was past it. So there is hope yet?
> I thought I was the only "old git" here
>
> Happy fragging
>
> G00n3r
>

> ---

Soon we need to set up an old-boys game or clan....

Thanks for all the over 40ies - makes me feel sooooo young at just 37.....

Pyro with the gyro