Graphic card overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkdagar

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
.........i have nvidia 220 gt grphic card after 1 month some problems rising i don't no actually wat da problm? wen after playing games 10 min like crysis,battlefield.the pc goes off automatic...
I THINk ...i used kombustor to check stability of grphic card after some mintes th e heat laval of grphic crd is go up to 50 to 60 to 70 and at last 120 and that time pc goes off.so wats the problem.
and HOW IS DIS PROBLEMCAN BE SOLVED ? ? ? .......
THANKS IN ADVNCE

Solution
I wouldn't advise using the PC at all until you have reapplied the thermal paste but as for which one to get ? That's a toughie, I'm using Arctic Cooling MX-2 myself and I haven't suffered any meltdowns

dpkdagar

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
i clean the hsf but nothing happn wat i shud do?
i clean a thin layer of ...look like a grey grease or don't know?i wipe dat thing on core 2 duo chip it not affect the system na... plz help me?

That sounds like thermal paste and I hope you replaced it with a fresh layer both on the CPU and GPU as it is what allows for/helps the thermal conduction.

dpkdagar

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
no.....i wipe all thermal paste and that time i don't have thermel paste is their any problm if i not use dat paste .i use my pc normally.but da prblm persist.
after all i purchase da GPu recently 2 weeks so if necessry 2 open da gpu and use dat paste.
thnkxxx bro

The paste is what helps the heat to be conducted away from the source to the HSF by filling in the imperfections in contacting surfaces, basically the HSF's are not quite in contact with each other so the HSF cannot really do it's job without that paste even if the surfaces were perfectly lapped.

dpkdagar

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
so wat i do...u suggst me 2 don't use da game until da paste not done or don't turn on da pc until da paste.actully at dat time i don't hv paste so i wanna go da market tommorow 2 buy.if u don't mind wat da name should i prnounce wen i ask 4 dat paste...

dpkdagar

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
cpu config-intel core 2 duo e 4600 @2.40ghz
ram-2 gb kinston
os-win 7 32 bit
grphc crd-nvidia 220gt
motherboard-palit nvidia geforce7050/nforce610i
240535.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.