Dell Inspiron 1521 monitor will not come on

newbe17

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
My dell just went blank screen had 3 firefox pages opened up. Turned it back on every thing came back up desk top and all firefox started back up as it always dose when pages crash and the screen went blank again and will not come back on. When I push power button caps light blinks for a few minutes and then computer shuts down. This happens on just battery or plugged in also. Have taken battery out took hard drive out and put back in tried almost every thing I can. Any advise would be help full

Check your monitor connections? Or you may have a backlight going out on an LCD monitor. They are replacable, but I couldn't get my back cover off; mine was either glued or vacuum sealed, so I donated it to goodwill and bought another one. If you have an old crt monitor, try it.

RoyanAtDell

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

Hi

Sorry to hear about your computer. It looks like an issue with your hard drive. You can try and run diagnotics on the hdd, by pressing F12 at the Dell Logo, and then run custom diagnostics on the hard drive. You may not be able to run the diagnotics if the hard drive is gone bad, because the diagnostic partition is saved on the hard drive. You can reach out to us on twitter, @dellcares, or facebook.com/dell, will be glad to help.

Thanks
Royan

newbe17

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

I have a blank screen and and it never goes past the caps lock light blinking for a few minutes and the shutting down so can not see the dell logo

newbe17

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I have a blank screen and and it never goes past the caps lock light blinking for a few minutes and the shutting down so can not see the dell logo also tried to hook up another monitor and never got any thihg either i have another dell a 1545 can i put my dell 1521 in the 1545 and check the hard drive