Computer Freezes with White squares.

grub25

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Hi guys, I am having problems with my new Nvidia EVGA 465GTX 1 gb card (voltage tweaked one).

I can run games fine, I can run battle field bad company 2 on high and other games however.. I get these weird computer freezes...

The computer would freeze (usually after i just booted up, or when I'm browsing the internet... I can still move my mouse... but i can't click anything else and these weird white squares (numerous) appear along with some rainbowish lines on my screen.

I don't know what's causing this.... The weird part is that this has only happened to me 4 times. When the problem occurred I rebooted my computer and everything ran fine again... I could run the computer for hours without any problems... then maybe after a week this problem randomly happens again.

I never had this problem with my old 8800 GT. My computer has 3 fans... and i doubt this is an overheating problem.

Thanks.

That PSU is on the limit of providing enough power for the GTX465 It does not show total amps on the +12volt rail but usually 2 rails of 18 amps means about 30amps total. This might be the reason for your issues.
Here is EVGA's recommended PSU size; "Minimum of a 550 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 38 Amps.) "

KaKkaR0T

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Most probably it is an Issue with your VRAM, your VRAM might be overheating causing the system to freeze and showing squares or dots. I recommend get it RMA, it might be a faulty card.