Catalyst install program crashes

lokblaze

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Hello,

I have been trying to install the updated Catalyst driver suite from ATI. Every time I try the Manager crashes and stops working. I have uninstalled the old catalyst manager at this point. I don't have any clue on what to do. I'm running win 7 home 64 bit os. I have a Radeon HD 5670 graphics card and I'm just trying to get the updated drivers to see if it helps with the constant crashes I've been having with Civ 5.

lokblaze

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010

I ended up looking and finding out how to install the driver directly through device manager and got it installed. Catalyst control manager though still crashes the second I try to intall it. Don't know what the problem is, but as long as I am able to get the new drivers in, that's really all I care about. The control center does have some tweaking things in it, but it's not the end of the world if I don't get access tho those.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
For ATi driver installation, you need to cleanly uninstall the old driver. I've tried to purposely update the driver while the old driver still installed. It gives me green stripes on the display.

Use an advanced uninstaller software, restart, then use driver sweeper as wa1 suggests, restart, then finally install the one you want.

Hope this helps!