Problems with mouse tracking accuracy

G

Yesterday, I got a new mouse: the Razer Deathadder (3500dpi version). The problem is that the mouse pointer moves very inaccurately. The best way to show you this is by drawing a line in MSPaint.

Untitled.jpg

I have installed the latest driver version

With the mouse firmware I set the DPI to 3500 and the polling rate to 1000Hz. The sensitivity setting is set at its highest and so is the "Windows Pointer Sensitivit"-setting, although I have no idea what that one does.

With the Windows7 mouse options I have "enhance pointer precision" turned off. (Turning it on seems to improve the accuracy a little bit, but everything I've read about similar problems tells me to turn it off.)

I've tried different mousing surfaces, without succes.
I've tried to use different USB ports, didn't change anything.
I've also tried to use my old mouse, but it had the same problem.
The only things that do seem to help a little (the problem is still there, though less apparent) are:
-lowering the sensitivity, but that's not really a solution. I bought this mouse for its high sensitivity.
-lowering the polling rate, also not really a solution.

I have the same mouse and prefer to use windows drivers.
I stopped using the makers driver suites years ago because i always had issues.
Don't miss them and it hasn't affected my ingame performance.
Dpi on the fly settings will still work btw.

G

Thanks for the tip, I might try that out. But how are you supposed to assign the extra buttons and the dpi profiles without the firmware?

JEIGHKUB

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
From reading other forums in order to take advantage of the new infered and laser sensors you have to have the new gaming mouse pads. You said you tried different surfaces so you may have already tried the new mats. If not, drop the cash on a razer scarab or the steelseries 4hd (a hard surface is suppose to be better) and if that doesn't help return it and change mice. Maybe the logitech g9x or the razer imperator.

just my opinion, hope it helps.

Thanks for the tip, I might try that out. But how are you supposed to assign the extra buttons and the dpi profiles without the firmware?
Dpi will default to 3 speeds i don't know what exactly but slow/mid/full and i assign my buttons in the game menu.
I use Steam and once you set up preferences for a game it keeps them.