My mobo gone crazy

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I have P6T Deluxe OC Palm edition motherboard and my problem is that was overheating..A LOT!
Every night was going around 100 Celsius and one morning was 127 C :eek: (i have screenshot if you want).
The room temperature was about 30C-35C.
CPU(i7 920)=45-55C
VGA(ASUS 4870)=60-70C
I haven't overclocked anything,i even turned off intel`s turbo,XMP and enable speedstep..

I tried everything(Changing fans,install water-cooling for CPU(Corsair H100) even tried to install a fan on heat-sink but i didn't see any HUGE difference!
I came to conclusion that the problem is my Graphic card(Asus 4870 1GB)cause is known for high temperatures.
The only solution to cool it(~45C) is to make the graphic card fan spin around 4500RPM(60%) or grab my camera`s blower and blow between northbridge and southbridge!!This trick done the job for weeks i havent got any alert about mb temp!!

Today i had the most crazy thing,my mobo was 1C :eek: ...i didnt pay to much attention,i thought that was aida64 problem so after 2 hours i checked again my temp with pc probe(asus mobo utility) and temp was -7C :eek: (i have screenshot too)!!!!

What is going on???Motherboard problem or drivers-programs gone crazy???
Its strange because its first time in 2 years i own this computer to see such high-low temps!!!

RussK1

Splendid

Is it really that hot? What are you using to monitor temps?

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Not now....I forgot to mention that now room temperature is 20-25C and mobo is back to ~45C.
I am using Aida64 and Asus Probe but i had tried and many others(HWmonitor etc) and all programs are about the same!!!

RussK1

Splendid

I wouldn't worry about it too much... the machine works fine right? If it was 127c your machine wouldn't even work. I would say it's probably bad sensors, you could ask for a replacement.

RussK1

Splendid

Maybe I'm just weird but I can usually 'smell' when my machine is hot. That hot electrical smell is unmistakable. Usually when I'm stressing my video cards to the max...

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

always use the sensors in bios for mobo that seems to be more accurate

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Yes,i cant do that because i have anosmia!! :) Usually i understand if something goes wrong with the noise inside my pc!

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Right now it says -18C ...i will restart and tell you!!

TRENDING THREADS