Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My mobo gone crazy

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 14, 2011 8:11:23 PM

I have P6T Deluxe OC Palm edition motherboard and my problem is that was overheating..A LOT!
Every night was going around 100 Celsius and one morning was 127 C :o  (i have screenshot if you want).
The room temperature was about 30C-35C.
CPU(i7 920)=45-55C
VGA(ASUS 4870)=60-70C
I haven't overclocked anything,i even turned off intel`s turbo,XMP and enable speedstep..

I tried everything(Changing fans,install water-cooling for CPU(Corsair H100) even tried to install a fan on heat-sink but i didn't see any HUGE difference!
I came to conclusion that the problem is my Graphic card(Asus 4870 1GB)cause is known for high temperatures.
The only solution to cool it(~45C) is to make the graphic card fan spin around 4500RPM(60%) or grab my camera`s blower and blow between northbridge and southbridge!!This trick done the job for weeks i havent got any alert about mb temp!!

Today i had the most crazy thing,my mobo was 1C :o  ...i didnt pay to much attention,i thought that was aida64 problem so after 2 hours i checked again my temp with pc probe(asus mobo utility) and temp was -7C :o  (i have screenshot too)!!!!

What is going on???Motherboard problem or drivers-programs gone crazy???
Its strange because its first time in 2 years i own this computer to see such high-low temps!!!

More about : mobo crazy

a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2011 8:26:25 PM

darkpain said:
I have P6T Deluxe OC Palm edition motherboard and my problem is that was overheating..A LOT!
Every night was going around 100 Celsius and one morning was 127 C :o  (i have screenshot if you want).
The room temperature was about 30C-35C.
CPU(i7 920)=45-55C
VGA(ASUS 4870)=60-70C
I haven't overclocked anything,i even turned off intel`s turbo,XMP and enable speedstep..

I tried everything(Changing fans,install water-cooling for CPU(Corsair H100) even tried to install a fan on heat-sink but i didn't see any HUGE difference!
I came to conclusion that the problem is my Graphic card(Asus 4870 1GB)cause is known for high temperatures.
The only solution to cool it(~45C) is to make the graphic card fan spin around 4500RPM(60%) or grab my camera`s blower and blow between northbridge and southbridge!!This trick done the job for weeks i havent got any alert about mb temp!!

Today i had the most crazy thing,my mobo was 1C :o  ...i didnt pay to much attention,i thought that was aida64 problem so after 2 hours i checked again my temp with pc probe(asus mobo utility) and temp was -7C :o  (i have screenshot too)!!!!

What is going on???Motherboard problem or drivers-programs gone crazy???
Its strange because its first time in 2 years i own this computer to see such high-low temps!!!



Is it really that hot? What are you using to monitor temps?
October 14, 2011 8:51:39 PM

Not now....I forgot to mention that now room temperature is 20-25C and mobo is back to ~45C.
I am using Aida64 and Asus Probe but i had tried and many others(HWmonitor etc) and all programs are about the same!!!
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2011 9:31:35 PM

darkpain said:
Not now....I forgot to mention that now room temperature is 20-25C and mobo is back to ~45C.
I am using Aida64 and Asus Probe but i had tried and many others(HWmonitor etc) and all programs are about the same!!!


I wouldn't worry about it too much... the machine works fine right? If it was 127c your machine wouldn't even work. I would say it's probably bad sensors, you could ask for a replacement.
October 14, 2011 10:57:50 PM

Yes,i have some freezes but i think its firefox fault(to much tabs and memory leaking)
a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2011 11:12:53 PM

darkpain said:
Yes,i have some freezes but i think its firefox fault(to much tabs and memory leaking)


Maybe I'm just weird but I can usually 'smell' when my machine is hot. That hot electrical smell is unmistakable. Usually when I'm stressing my video cards to the max...
October 14, 2011 11:51:34 PM

darkpain said:
I have P6T Deluxe OC Palm edition motherboard and my problem is that was overheating..A LOT!
Every night was going around 100 Celsius and one morning was 127 C :o  (i have screenshot if you want).
The room temperature was about 30C-35C.
CPU(i7 920)=45-55C
VGA(ASUS 4870)=60-70C
I haven't overclocked anything,i even turned off intel`s turbo,XMP and enable speedstep..

I tried everything(Changing fans,install water-cooling for CPU(Corsair H100) even tried to install a fan on heat-sink but i didn't see any HUGE difference!
I came to conclusion that the problem is my Graphic card(Asus 4870 1GB)cause is known for high temperatures.
The only solution to cool it(~45C) is to make the graphic card fan spin around 4500RPM(60%) or grab my camera`s blower and blow between northbridge and southbridge!!This trick done the job for weeks i havent got any alert about mb temp!!

Today i had the most crazy thing,my mobo was 1C :o  ...i didnt pay to much attention,i thought that was aida64 problem so after 2 hours i checked again my temp with pc probe(asus mobo utility) and temp was -7C :o  (i have screenshot too)!!!!

What is going on???Motherboard problem or drivers-programs gone crazy???
Its strange because its first time in 2 years i own this computer to see such high-low temps!!!


always use the sensors in bios for mobo that seems to be more accurate
October 15, 2011 9:29:38 AM

RussK1 said:
Maybe I'm just weird but I can usually 'smell' when my machine is hot. That hot electrical smell is unmistakable. Usually when I'm stressing my video cards to the max...


Yes,i cant do that because i have anosmia!! :)  Usually i understand if something goes wrong with the noise inside my pc!
October 15, 2011 9:30:31 AM

dayto11 said:
always use the sensors in bios for mobo that seems to be more accurate


Right now it says -18C ...i will restart and tell you!!
October 15, 2011 9:51:57 AM

Hardware monitor in BIOS reports 43C :) 
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2011 1:17:57 PM

:) 
darkpain said:
Hardware monitor in BIOS reports 43C :) 


October 15, 2011 5:42:42 PM

darkpain said:
Hardware monitor in BIOS reports 43C :) 


Told you :) 
October 19, 2011 2:08:20 PM

Yes i have it...but is only for cpu!!
!