Don't you just love it when UT2004 does stuff like this?

http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/hud.jpg

And that's after being in the game for several minutes....
6 answers Last reply
More about love ut2004 stuff this
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Suddenly, Schism sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/hud.jpg
    >
    > And that's after being in the game for several minutes....

    Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
    for about 10 minutes...

    I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them

    It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
    deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
    them?
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    > Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
    > for about 10 minutes...
    >
    > I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
    >
    > It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
    > deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
    > them?

    It's not supposed to be like that, and it's only been like that for me the
    last couple weeks (and very rarely when I first got the game, VERY
    rarely)... plus I'm on 3Mbit cable so I have no issues bandwidth wise.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Schism" <NO_SPAM_4_ME@blegger.com> wrote in message
    > > Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
    > > for about 10 minutes...
    > >
    > > I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
    > >
    > > It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
    > > deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
    > > them?
    >
    > It's not supposed to be like that, and it's only been like that for me the
    > last couple weeks (and very rarely when I first got the game, VERY
    > rarely)... plus I'm on 3Mbit cable so I have no issues bandwidth wise.

    Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or does it
    only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or
    does it
    > only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.

    I play on different servers a lot, and it seems to happen on most of them,
    especially ones with a lot of people.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > > Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or
    > does it
    > > only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.
    >
    > I play on different servers a lot, and it seems to happen on most of them,
    > especially ones with a lot of people.

    The one thing I can think of they might have in common is an anti-cheat
    mutator...perhaps there is a bug in that, or in the latest patch.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > > And that's after being in the game for several minutes....
    >
    > Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
    > for about 10 minutes...
    >
    > I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
    >
    > It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
    > deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
    > them?

    Try this in game:

    Open the console, and type netspeed 10000 (or higher if you have a good
    internet connection)

Games Video Games