Don't you just love it when UT2004 does stuff like this?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 16, 2004 6:52:41 AM

http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/hud.jpg

And that's after being in the game for several minutes....

More about : love ut2004 stuff

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 2:23:42 AM

Suddenly, Schism sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/hud.jpg
>
> And that's after being in the game for several minutes....

Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
for about 10 minutes...

I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them

It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
them?
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

> Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
> for about 10 minutes...
>
> I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
>
> It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
> deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
> them?

It's not supposed to be like that, and it's only been like that for me the
last couple weeks (and very rarely when I first got the game, VERY
rarely)... plus I'm on 3Mbit cable so I have no issues bandwidth wise.
Related resources
November 18, 2004 9:40:21 AM

"Schism" <NO_SPAM_4_ME@blegger.com> wrote in message
> > Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
> > for about 10 minutes...
> >
> > I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
> >
> > It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
> > deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
> > them?
>
> It's not supposed to be like that, and it's only been like that for me the
> last couple weeks (and very rarely when I first got the game, VERY
> rarely)... plus I'm on 3Mbit cable so I have no issues bandwidth wise.

Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or does it
only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.
November 18, 2004 5:35:53 PM

> Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or
does it
> only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.

I play on different servers a lot, and it seems to happen on most of them,
especially ones with a lot of people.
November 18, 2004 10:10:44 PM

> > Have you taken a look to see if they are running any new mutators? Or
> does it
> > only happen on certain maps? Could be a bug in either.
>
> I play on different servers a lot, and it seems to happen on most of them,
> especially ones with a lot of people.

The one thing I can think of they might have in common is an anti-cheat
mutator...perhaps there is a bug in that, or in the latest patch.
November 20, 2004 7:10:09 PM

> > And that's after being in the game for several minutes....
>
> Probably half the time when I enter a game, all the nodes are one color
> for about 10 minutes...
>
> I think they only change color when I personally go and look at them
>
> It seems like such an obvious bug, that it makes me think it must be
> deliberate - like map nodes only update when a team member looks at
> them?

Try this in game:

Open the console, and type netspeed 10000 (or higher if you have a good
internet connection)
!