PSU Temps

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
February 10, 2011 10:32:52 PM

Hello,
Just got a new 620watt psu and I’m probably just worrying for no reason but is 48°C ok under load? And about 40°C idle?

More about : psu temps

a b ) Power supply
February 10, 2011 10:37:50 PM

For the PSU or for the CPU?
What is the make/model of the PSU and the CPU?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 10, 2011 11:14:33 PM

That seems fine.Altough i couldn't find any review reveling the max temp of that PSU most quality PSU's are made to withstand 70c+ temps.
February 10, 2011 11:25:20 PM

I tend to worry alot about this sort of thing and it helps to have a second opinion. so Thank You for you help! i can relax a bit now :) 
m
l
February 10, 2011 11:25:39 PM

Best answer selected by Tristan1188.
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
February 11, 2011 10:52:13 AM

I know it's been marked solved, but how did you take those temps ? With a laser thermometer ?
If those are software readings, they mean nothing.
There is no thermal sensor on the psu that can be read by the MB, and if there was it would need to be read thru a data line seperate from the power cables.
m
l
February 11, 2011 4:40:19 PM

delluser1 said:
I know it's been marked solved, but how did you take those temps ? With a laser thermometer ?
If those are software readings, they mean nothing.
There is no thermal sensor on the psu that can be read by the MB, and if there was it would need to be read thru a data line seperate from the power cables.

I used an inferred thermometer Also, the temps did match up idle and under load with the reading of one of the sensors in speed fan i’m not sure what to make of that, the sensor is called remote 1 in speed fan any idea what it might be? or how to find out?
m
l
!