Solved

PSU Temps

Hello,
Just got a new 620watt psu and I’m probably just worrying for no reason but is 48°C ok under load? And about 40°C idle?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temps
  1. For the PSU or for the CPU?
    What is the make/model of the PSU and the CPU?
  2. purple stank said:
    For the PSU or for the CPU?
    What is the make/model of the PSU and the CPU?

I was asking about the PSU, it's an antec neo eco 620c

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371031&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122610&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122610-_-EMC-122610-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17371031-L01C

The CPU is an: AMD Sampron 3400+ 2.0 GHz
  3. Best answer
    That seems fine.Altough i couldn't find any review reveling the max temp of that PSU most quality PSU's are made to withstand 70c+ temps.
  4. I tend to worry alot about this sort of thing and it helps to have a second opinion. so Thank You for you help! i can relax a bit now :)
  5. Best answer selected by Tristan1188.
  6. I know it's been marked solved, but how did you take those temps ? With a laser thermometer ?
    If those are software readings, they mean nothing.
    There is no thermal sensor on the psu that can be read by the MB, and if there was it would need to be read thru a data line seperate from the power cables.
  7. delluser1 said:
    I know it's been marked solved, but how did you take those temps ? With a laser thermometer ?
    If those are software readings, they mean nothing.
    There is no thermal sensor on the psu that can be read by the MB, and if there was it would need to be read thru a data line seperate from the power cables.

I used an inferred thermometer Also, the temps did match up idle and under load with the reading of one of the sensors in speed fan i’m not sure what to make of that, the sensor is called remote 1 in speed fan any idea what it might be? or how to find out?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product