Sign in with
Your question

SATA, IDE HDD Docking station

Last response: in Storage
February 27, 2013 10:41:08 PM

Hi All

I hope you can help me out again, I recently purchessed a "ALL IN 0NE SATA IDE HDD DOCKING STATION" It says it is for hard disk cloning but I want to be able to see whats on the HDD before I use it, dose any one out there have one of these things and can tell me how I can see whats on the HDD, I am currently running windows XP

many thanks
a c 122 G Storage
February 28, 2013 3:51:47 AM

When you have a drive in the docking station it should be recognized like any other external hard drive. When I use the one I have, I connect it to the computer via a USB cable, put in the drive and then power up the docking station. Soon after doing that a window will pop up asking me what I want to do and I choose "Open folder to view files". If you don't see that in Windows XP you can go to Windows Explorer and view the contents of the drive from there.
m
l
February 28, 2013 6:58:58 AM

Same here, I have a docking station as well, but different brand. I just plug my hard drivers in the station, and just connect it to my desktop or laptop. It will automatically recognize my hard drivers to view. I tried it on my Windows and Mac. Maybe you have a CD that can install your HDD docking station to be recognized if it doesn't automatically? or Maybe you can go to the brand website to download the install program?
m
l
March 6, 2013 11:50:24 PM

Have done the above my computer dose see the docking station as drive "F" but when I go to access the drive it tells me that I need to insert a disk, even though i already have a SATA HDD inserted, have also tried to access a IDE HDD and still can't see any HDD's
m
l
!