Adara-ONS is the coolest map!!!!

Installed the new upgrade bonus pack for UT2004 and came with a few new maps
and vehicles. One of the map Adara map, plays in a canyon with water falls
is I think the most gorgeous map I ever seen.
I felt, If I was in the Grand Canyon.
My wife not interested in UT game, too violent for her, but had her walk
through Adara and she really liked it.

Julius

Which pack is it cause i'm kidna behind with all the upgrades..??

And where to get it(link would be excellent)

U¿ytkownik Szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych
napisa³:43lnd.52370$V41.43514@attbi_s52...

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:45:30 +0100, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl>
wrote:

>Which pack is it cause i'm kidna behind with all the upgrades..??
>
>And where to get it(link would be excellent)
>
>U¿ytkownik Szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych
>napisa³:43lnd.52370$V41.43514@attbi_s52...
>> Installed the new upgrade bonus pack for UT2004 and came with a few new
>maps
>> and vehicles. One of the map Adara map, plays in a canyon with water falls
>> is I think the most gorgeous map I ever seen.
>> I felt, If I was in the Grand Canyon.
>> My wife not interested in UT game, too violent for her, but had her walk
>> through Adara and she really liked it.

It may be pretty but I still think that Torlan is the King of
Onslaught. It's overplayed by most people but the balance of weaponry
and the location and distances between nodes is good.

I still see players do stuff that I've never seen before, using dips
in the ground as cover etc.

--

Julian Richards
usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

Usenet is how from the comfort of your own living room, you can converse
with people that you would never want in your house.

Try this, UT2004ECE BONUS PACK.
http://www.unrealtournament.com/news/view.php?id=2248

Also, you have to have at least the 3323 patch, so download the latest.
Julius

"Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote in message
> Which pack is it cause i'm kidna behind with all the upgrades..??
>
> And where to get it(link would be excellent)
>
> U¿ytkownik Szaki <szaki10@comcast.net> w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych
> napisa³:43lnd.52370$V41.43514@attbi_s52...
> > Installed the new upgrade bonus pack for UT2004 and came with a few new
> maps
> > and vehicles. One of the map Adara map, plays in a canyon with water
falls
> > is I think the most gorgeous map I ever seen.
> > I felt, If I was in the Grand Canyon.
> > My wife not interested in UT game, too violent for her, but had her walk
> > through Adara and she really liked it.
> >
> > Julius

> >> I felt, If I was in the Grand Canyon.
> >> My wife not interested in UT game, too violent for her, but had her
walk
> >> through Adara and she really liked it.
>
> It may be pretty but I still think that Torlan is the King of
> Onslaught. It's overplayed by most people but the balance of weaponry
> and the location and distances between nodes is good.
>
> I still see players do stuff that I've never seen before, using dips
> in the ground as cover etc.
>

> --
>
> Julian Richards
> usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

Yes, Torland is fun, just getting boring now. I played it millions of time.
There is another map, TorlandWinter, looks fun.
Also, like AntarticStronghold map.
Adara has lot of caves and hiding place.

Julius

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:43:01 GMT, "szaki" <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:

>walk
>>
>> It may be pretty but I still think that Torlan is the King of
>> Onslaught. It's overplayed by most people but the balance of weaponry
>> and the location and distances between nodes is good.
>>
>> I still see players do stuff that I've never seen before, using dips
>> in the ground as cover etc.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Julian Richards
>> usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>
>Yes, Torland is fun, just getting boring now. I played it millions of time.
>There is another map, TorlandWinter, looks fun.
>Also, like AntarticStronghold map.
>Adara has lot of caves and hiding place.
>
>Julius

I did an informal survey of favorite maps on a UT2004 forum. Dawn and
Dria tied for first place. Torlan was a close second and Arctic
Stronghold was close behind that.

Primeval was voted the worst map, with Urban and Frostbite close
behind.

Sloper

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

Folk wrote:

> I did an informal survey of favorite maps on a UT2004 forum. Dawn and
> Dria tied for first place. Torlan was a close second and Arctic
> Stronghold was close behind that.
>
> Primeval was voted the worst map, with Urban and Frostbite close
> behind.

What about Island Hop? Thats the worst for me. Its so boring!

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message

>>walk
>>>
>>> It may be pretty but I still think that Torlan is the King of
>>> Onslaught. It's overplayed by most people but the balance of weaponry
>>> and the location and distances between nodes is good.
>>>
>>> I still see players do stuff that I've never seen before, using dips
>>> in the ground as cover etc.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Julian Richards
>>> usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>>
>>Yes, Torland is fun, just getting boring now. I played it millions of
>>time.
>>There is another map, TorlandWinter, looks fun.
>>Also, like AntarticStronghold map.
>>Adara has lot of caves and hiding place.
>>
>>Julius
>>

> I did an informal survey of favorite maps on a UT2004 forum. Dawn and
> Dria tied for first place. Torlan was a close second and Arctic
> Stronghold was close behind that.
>
> Primeval was voted the worst map, with Urban and Frostbite close
> behind.

These maps are kind of small, has three or less nodes, when too many people
plays them, becomes a meat-grinder.
Dawn and Dria large maps with many nodes, well balanced for 15-20 players.
Torland becomes boring, all most impossible to play with 6 players or less.

Julius

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:10:40 GMT, "Szaki" <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:

>These maps are kind of small, has three or less nodes, when too many people
>plays them, becomes a meat-grinder.
>Dawn and Dria large maps with many nodes, well balanced for 15-20 players.
>Torland becomes boring, all most impossible to play with 6 players or less.

I agree. Torlan needs almost a full server to work. If it were not for
being overplayed in demos, it would be the most popular.

--

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:12:54 +0000, Sloper <steveo40uk@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Folk wrote:
>
>> I did an informal survey of favorite maps on a UT2004 forum. Dawn and
>> Dria tied for first place. Torlan was a close second and Arctic
>> Stronghold was close behind that.
>>
>> Primeval was voted the worst map, with Urban and Frostbite close
>> behind.
>
>What about Island Hop? Thats the worst for me. Its so boring!

Interestingly enough, there was no clear consensus for "worst" map.
For example, there were a handful of votes for Arctic Stronghold for
worst map, even though it was fairly close to the top of the list of
best maps. There were a few votes for Island Hop as best map too.

Personally, I don't care for any of the ECE maps. If I was forced to
pick a "best" from those, it would probably be Island Hop, since it's
more "open". Adara is gorgeous but too cramped for me. I don't like
Urban because it's also cramped and I don't like city settings for
ONS. Tricky isn't a map... it's a joke. But really, I don't like any
of them because I don't care for the new vehicles.

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:12:54 +0000, Sloper <steveo40uk@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>Folk wrote:
>>
>>> I did an informal survey of favorite maps on a UT2004 forum. Dawn and
>>> Dria tied for first place. Torlan was a close second and Arctic
>>> Stronghold was close behind that.
>>>
>>> Primeval was voted the worst map, with Urban and Frostbite close
>>> behind.
>>
>>What about Island Hop? Thats the worst for me. Its so boring!
>
> Interestingly enough, there was no clear consensus for "worst" map.
> For example, there were a handful of votes for Arctic Stronghold for
> worst map, even though it was fairly close to the top of the list of
> best maps. There were a few votes for Island Hop as best map too.
>
> Personally, I don't care for any of the ECE maps. If I was forced to
> pick a "best" from those, it would probably be Island Hop, since it's
> more "open". Adara is gorgeous but too cramped for me. I don't like
> Urban because it's also cramped and I don't like city settings for
> ONS. Tricky isn't a map... it's a joke. But really, I don't like any
> of them because I don't care for the new vehicles.

Than, what the hell you like?
Mario Brthrs map for UT?

JS

Personally, I don't think ONS-Adara is very good. The nodes are too
close together and make it too complicated, nevermind the occasional
broken node. It may be alright for some people but with my experience on
the map it is too narrow and too high.

ONS-Torlan and ONS-Dawn are my favorites, now there are some great maps.
:)

--

Deanjl
E-mail Address: dlr@bigpond.net.au

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:20:15 GMT, "Szaki" <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:12:54 +0000, Sloper <steveo40uk@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:

>>>What about Island Hop? Thats the worst for me. Its so boring!
>>
>> Interestingly enough, there was no clear consensus for "worst" map.
>> For example, there were a handful of votes for Arctic Stronghold for
>> worst map, even though it was fairly close to the top of the list of
>> best maps. There were a few votes for Island Hop as best map too.
>>
>> Personally, I don't care for any of the ECE maps. If I was forced to
>> pick a "best" from those, it would probably be Island Hop, since it's
>> more "open". Adara is gorgeous but too cramped for me. I don't like
>> Urban because it's also cramped and I don't like city settings for
>> ONS. Tricky isn't a map... it's a joke. But really, I don't like any
>> of them because I don't care for the new vehicles.
>
>Than, what the hell you like?
>Mario Brthrs map for UT?
>
>JS

My favorites track with the survey results above. My favorite map is
Dria. I think larger maps give more possibilities. My second
favorite is Dawn. I like the battles that revolve around the middle
node placements. My third favorite is Torlan, although I would like
it better if it had more Avril ammo at the nodes and possibly a
Scorpion at the base.

I would like Arctic Stronghold, but the 'deemer ruins that map for me.
It's just to damned easy for any clueless noob to sneak a 'deemer
close to the primary node and ruin any chance for a comeback. That,
combined with the fact that the winning team has almost exclusive
access to the 'deemer makes that map a pain for me. I like a map
where there's at least a hope for a comeback.

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:20:15 GMT, "Szaki" <szaki10@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> My favorites track with the survey results above. My favorite map is
> Dria. I think larger maps give more possibilities. My second
> favorite is Dawn. I like the battles that revolve around the middle
> node placements. My third favorite is Torlan, although I would like
> it better if it had more Avril ammo at the nodes and possibly a
> Scorpion at the base.
>
> I would like Arctic Stronghold, but the 'deemer ruins that map for me.
> It's just to damned easy for any clueless noob to sneak a 'deemer
> close to the primary node and ruin any chance for a comeback. That,
> combined with the fact that the winning team has almost exclusive
> access to the 'deemer makes that map a pain for me. I like a map
> where there's at least a hope for a comeback.

Couldn't agree more - those are also my fav's. However, it is possible to
play arctic on no-super-weapons maps. I think the really great thing about
Dawn (and Dria) is the fact that your core might be voulnarable while
attacking the opponants core - thus leaving a fair chance of come-back as
you mention.
Happy fraggin'
Pyro

Suddenly, Szaki sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> These maps are kind of small, has three or less nodes, when too many people
> plays them, becomes a meat-grinder.

That's true, but I find whenever Primeval comes up in rotation or
voting, the server quickly fills up - seems many people love it.

It can be fun for a few minutes, because so frantic, but I find it very
dreary to constantly rush out, trip over some mines or die for some
other thing you never saw...

Don't really understand it. I avoid it like the plague.

I like Dria, Torlan, Frostbite. (Used to hate Frostbite, but managed to
turn that round). Dawn is nice, but too dominated by tanks IMHO.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

> That's true, but I find whenever Primeval comes up in rotation or
> voting, the server quickly fills up - seems many people love it.

Primeval is probably so popular because it's very similar to deathmatch.

--

"Aaron Lawrence" <aaronlNOT@HEREconsultant.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, Szaki sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
>> These maps are kind of small, has three or less nodes, when too many
>> people
>> plays them, becomes a meat-grinder.
>
> That's true, but I find whenever Primeval comes up in rotation or
> voting, the server quickly fills up - seems many people love it.

They like to die fast!

JS

"Szaki" <szaki10@comcast.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> They like to die fast!
>
> JS

And probably hate tactical team-based games where you need to out-smart the
opponant....

(or something like that)

;o)