Intel graphics media accelerator driver

portugalphil

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I have Windows7 using Intel graphic media accelerator driver.
It is using 37.1GB. Not Cool!
How do I fix this? What should a graphics driver use??

portugalphil

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

I went to Control Panel. Then looked at programs and the space they use.
Intel graphic media accelerator driver was a whopping 37.1GB
Should I uninstall??

Waylander69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

I have the same issue. Intel Graphics Media Acelerator Driver shows size if 37.1GB in control panel Add/Remove programs but
if I drill down into Program files/Intel/Intel Graphics Media Acelerator Driver folder then it shows 926KB in properties?
Do I just ignore this because it appears to be using over half my C: drive capacity??? (Users: 29GB, Program Files 5,5GB but C: drive showing 68.7GB used??)

ricka

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Me too!!! I noticed that my hard drive (320GB on an Asus X32A Series running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit) seemed to be filling up faster than I was downloading and adding photos and videos of my own, and that led me to investigate what might explain it. And lo! there was the 37.1GB figure for the GMA, not only via Control Panel, but also via Disk Cleanup in System Tools (Windows Accessories) - and also via the Tools in my Piriform CCleaner. While the GMA has an entry and icon of its own in Control Panel, clicking on it doesn't do anything.

Curiously, the date of installation is given as a year after all the other programs bundled with my machine, and I certainly would not have messed with it or downloaded an update manually.

Any knowledgable, kind, and helpful genius out there able to explain this and help us put it right??

TomOConnor

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
ricka said:Waylander69 said:

I have the same issue. Intel Graphics Media Acelerator Driver shows size if 37.1GB in control panel Add/Remove programs but
if I drill down into Program files/Intel/Intel Graphics Media Acelerator Driver folder then it shows 926KB in properties?
Do I just ignore this because it appears to be using over half my C: drive capacity??? (Users: 29GB, Program Files 5,5GB but C: drive showing 68.7GB used??)

Me too!!! I noticed that my hard drive (320GB on an Asus X32A Series running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit) seemed to be filling up faster than I was downloading and adding photos and videos of my own, and that led me to investigate what might explain it. And lo! there was the 37.1GB figure for the GMA, not only via Control Panel, but also via Disk Cleanup in System Tools (Windows Accessories) - and also via the Tools in my Piriform CCleaner. While the GMA has an entry and icon of its own in Control Panel, clicking on it doesn't do anything.

Curiously, the date of installation is given as a year after all the other programs bundled with my machine, and I certainly would not have messed with it or downloaded an update manually.

Any knowledgable, kind, and helpful genius out there able to explain this and help us put it right??

Hello,
I just tripped over the same thing! Using "IObit Uninstaller" I am able to get a list of software names by size. It showed me 37.19 Gb

If you have any idea of why we are seeing this, please let me know!

kryss_eds

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

Hi,

I too have the exact same problem and is so not cool. 37.1gig is a hell lot of space. Any help yet?

artemis6019

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

I am also wondering whether this issue has been resolved? Just discovered the 37.1 GB of space being used by this driver.