Hang on entering sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

EszettT

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hello again,

I have an ASUS P6T SE motherboard running a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 install, which until recently slept like a baby. Now its sleep is disturbed whenever I tell it to sleep - the screen will turn off and the hard drives turn off as well, but it will simply hang in this state indefinitely until I hold down the power button for four seconds. When I turn the computer back on, it looks like it's coming out of hibernation, complete with the "Resuming Windows..." message, except the logon screen takes a very long time to draw and the system's entire performance is sluggish until I legitimately restart the machine.

This occurs even if I use the sleep option from the logon screen itself. I just updated my BIOS to the 0908 revision (most recent) and it still has this problem. Sleep mode is very important to me as it is the quickest option to turn off my case LEDs and make my room dark enough for me to sleep myself. I use a shutdown utility called AMP WinOFF which I installed after a different suite was giving me these same issues (in the midst of writing this post, I uninstalled the program to no avail).

All suggestions and recommendations are welcomed.

Solution
Hello Eszettt, i have the same probleem here. I wanna ask you for the solution. I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. I think the motherboard is the problem. But i'm not sure because I couldn't test the power supply. What is you opion?

Trollop

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hello Eszettt, i have the same probleem here. I wanna ask you for the solution. I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. I think the motherboard is the problem. But i'm not sure because I couldn't test the power supply. What is you opion?

Solution

EszettT

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hello Trollop, pardon the late reply but I didn't think I would be of much help. This problem resolved itself after I switched from my old XION case to my new Antec 300 Illusion case. Hope you can fix your problem if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.