Intel i7 temperature

Hello,
what is intel i7 normal temp..and what temp consider high?
2 answers Last reply
More about intel temperature
  1. Hello,

It all depends on the i7 model you own, the overclock you have on it and the CPU cooler installed. Intel says never to go over 100°C on the cores...
    As for normal temps...Anything between 25-45 at idle is very good. When stressed with Intel Burn Test, if your temps never go over 85-90 that's good too. But remember...the higher your temps are, the faster your components will degrade. For example, a processor that never goes over 50°C will last longer that one that's always in the 80s. I've got a build that has an i7 920 overclock at 4.2GHz (200x21) with 1.28750v. I'm 24/7 stable, and my idle temps are 40-45°C. When stressed with IBT, my temps are in the high 80s. But remember...that's just synthetic benchmarks/stability tests. In real life, it's very rare for an i7 to be stressed at 100%. When I'm gaming, my CPU is never used at more than 50%, and my temps never go over 70°C.
    Anyway, the best CPU temps varie from person to person. Some will tell you never to go over 80 (I've seen some say over 70). As for me, I stick with what Intel says: never over 100°C.

Hope this clarified things for you,
    al360ex
  2. thanks for ur information..
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Temperature