Your question
Closed

Advice for Video Render

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 24, 2010 7:47:06 PM

Hi
I would like some advice on choosing part for a new video card to render and edit hd videos. i dont use any 3d software like 3dmax or autocad. i use sony vegas, adobe premiere and MAGIX Movie Edit Pro.

so i want to ask that what kind of video card i have to buy?

My other parts

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 DDR3-2000
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 GHz, 9 MB, AM3 BOX
GSKILL RIPJAWS DDR3-1333MHZ CL9 4GB (2X2GB)

More about : advice video render

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 24, 2010 9:21:17 PM

Thanks for your post.

i m also interested with 5830. what do you think about it? my brother wants to play video games.
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 24, 2010 11:36:31 PM

What is your PSU? brand? model?
You will get more benefit from Nvidia cards for 3D works/rendering. SO tell us your PSU and budget for this card...
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 12:04:37 AM

i do not have any PSU yet. i havent buy it yet.

My budget is 1000usd for a new system that includes CPU, RAM, MainBoard, Video Card,PSU and Hard Drive

a c 189 U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 3:37:31 AM

Okay, just make sure you buy trusted brands like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, OCZ, SilverStone (PSU) and get Nvidia card, since you get more benefit from it. :) 
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 3:49:43 AM

I believe that Adobe Premier uses CUDA and if that is the case the NVIDIA GPU makes better sense, especially as the stated purpose is rendering first and gaming second.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 7:54:52 AM

is there any another suggestion? Nvidia or ati?

Nvidia has cuda and ati has stream technology. which one is it better? i couldnt find any benchmark for video editing.

i can give 200 usd max for video card.. so please advice any card on this budget.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 2:07:52 PM

He stated he does not use 3D modeling programs, he is talking only about HD video editing, and I will assume he meant to say encodiing, not rendering. (rendering is what you do in a 3D modeling program)
What the OP is doing does not require a GPU of any significance at all. Any midrange HD card will do the job very nicely, what you really need for this is raw processor power, the more cores the a better, you have that covered nicely with the X6.
Now if you do want to play some games, the 5830 is great card, but is a little pricey for it's performance point in my opinion. I would either step down and go with a 5770, or step directly up to the 5850.(but I think that is out of your price range) If you can find a 5830 for about $200, then I would get it definitely for sure.

Cuda technology? Not a factor here at all.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 2:34:46 PM

jitpublisher said:
He stated he does not use 3D modeling programs, he is talking only about HD video editing, and I will assume he meant to say encodiing, not rendering. (rendering is what you do in a 3D modeling program)
What the OP is doing does not require a GPU of any significance at all. Any midrange HD card will do the job very nicely, what you really need for this is raw processor power, the more cores the a better, you have that covered nicely with the X6.
Now if you do want to play some games, the 5830 is great card, but is a little pricey for it's performance point in my opinion. I would either step down and go with a 5770, or step directly up to the 5850.(but I think that is out of your price range) If you can find a 5830 for about $200, then I would get it definitely for sure.

Cuda technology? Not a factor here at all.

it was so clear. Thanks. yes it was my mistake. its not rendering. it is encoding and i will buy a 5770..
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 2:44:10 PM

Best answer selected by blamir.
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 8:21:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!