Closed Solved

Advice for Video Render

Hi
I would like some advice on choosing part for a new video card to render and edit hd videos. i dont use any 3d software like 3dmax or autocad. i use sony vegas, adobe premiere and MAGIX Movie Edit Pro.

so i want to ask that what kind of video card i have to buy?

My other parts

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 DDR3-2000
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 GHz, 9 MB, AM3 BOX
GSKILL RIPJAWS DDR3-1333MHZ CL9 4GB (2X2GB)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice video render
  1. Thanks for your post.

i m also interested with 5830. what do you think about it? my brother wants to play video games.
  2. What is your PSU? brand? model?
    You will get more benefit from Nvidia cards for 3D works/rendering. SO tell us your PSU and budget for this card...
  3. i do not have any PSU yet. i havent buy it yet.

My budget is 1000usd for a new system that includes CPU, RAM, MainBoard, Video Card,PSU and Hard Drive
  4. Okay, just make sure you buy trusted brands like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, OCZ, SilverStone (PSU) and get Nvidia card, since you get more benefit from it. :)
  5. I believe that Adobe Premier uses CUDA and if that is the case the NVIDIA GPU makes better sense, especially as the stated purpose is rendering first and gaming second.
  6. is there any another suggestion? Nvidia or ati?

Nvidia has cuda and ati has stream technology. which one is it better? i couldnt find any benchmark for video editing.

i can give 200 usd max for video card.. so please advice any card on this budget.
  7. Best answer
    He stated he does not use 3D modeling programs, he is talking only about HD video editing, and I will assume he meant to say encodiing, not rendering. (rendering is what you do in a 3D modeling program)
    What the OP is doing does not require a GPU of any significance at all. Any midrange HD card will do the job very nicely, what you really need for this is raw processor power, the more cores the a better, you have that covered nicely with the X6.
    Now if you do want to play some games, the 5830 is great card, but is a little pricey for it's performance point in my opinion. I would either step down and go with a 5770, or step directly up to the 5850.(but I think that is out of your price range) If you can find a 5830 for about $200, then I would get it definitely for sure.

Cuda technology? Not a factor here at all.
  8. jitpublisher said:
    He stated he does not use 3D modeling programs, he is talking only about HD video editing, and I will assume he meant to say encodiing, not rendering. (rendering is what you do in a 3D modeling program)
    What the OP is doing does not require a GPU of any significance at all. Any midrange HD card will do the job very nicely, what you really need for this is raw processor power, the more cores the a better, you have that covered nicely with the X6.
    Now if you do want to play some games, the 5830 is great card, but is a little pricey for it's performance point in my opinion. I would either step down and go with a 5770, or step directly up to the 5850.(but I think that is out of your price range) If you can find a 5830 for about $200, then I would get it definitely for sure.

Cuda technology? Not a factor here at all.

it was so clear. Thanks. yes it was my mistake. its not rendering. it is encoding and i will buy a 5770..
  9. Best answer selected by blamir.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Graphics