Probleme with My XFX ATI 5770

indrashis95

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hi everyone this is Indrashis from Kolkata India...
I build a midrange rid a couple of weeks back...my system specs are
AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 3.0 Ghz
Gigabyte 880GM UD2H
15.6'' LG LCD Monitor
XFX ATI 5770 1GB GDDR3
2GB OCZ RAM
500GB Baracuda Seagate HDD
500W Imigo PSU...
the problemes I am facing is that whenever I play games like Crysis or Splintercell:Conviction on max setting,a very thin hazy horozontal line(kind of transparent line) appears on the screen after a small time interval and disappears.you generally won't notice it if you don't watch for it carefully.this line doesn't appear when I watch any HD movie or do any general work.This probleme did not happen when I played Assasins Creed 2 or COD 6.Is this a probleme of the GPU??
Another thing is when I play Crysis,after playing for 1-1:30 hrs the game suddenly clogges.Is this can a probleme of over heating??
I am using windows 7 32bit OS and all the installed drivers(including Catalyts10.7) are downloaded from the official website.
Pleaes suggest accordingly

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Well, I'm not sure about the "hazy line" and I don't think it's much of an issue. If you can, take a picture of it and post it.

As for playing an hour and a half straight, yes it can easily be an overheating issue. The computer specs check out clean barring from any of them being damaged, so it can easily be a heat issue. Have you tried monitoring your system temps with programs like Coretemp, MSI Afterburner, or eVGA Precision? It is important to check both your CPU and GPU are not overheating constantly (and sometimes motherboard chipsets can overheat too).

indrashis95

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
No I have never used Coretemp, MSI Afterburner, or eVGA Precision softwares...how can I use them???
I am having a horizontal transparent line of 3 mm thickness,it appears suddenly and vanishes.....it appears throughout the game...

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Download Coretemp to measure your CPU's temperature down to the cores:

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

MSI Afterburner is a GPU overclocking tool. If you don't feel like overclocking, then just use to check your GPU temperature:

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

The transparent line can indicate a hardware or driver issue, but it is not for sure. It can simply be how your monitor operates when changing settings or resolutions. The main concern is your computer locking up after an hour or two of game play. Use the tools above and check your temperatures after about 30 minutes of constant game play. The GPU shoud not exceed 85C or even come close to that. The CPU should not operate above 65C or so.