Buying the right memory for my motherboard

rockwell73

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
i am buying some "new memory" for my motherboard which is Kingston Technology Hyper X 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM and i own the EVGA 790i Ultra motherboard and i was wondering if this is a good choice of memory for that motherboard. Can someone give me a professional honest opinion on this decision before i make a bad one and screw up motherboard.

Solution
Kingston makes good ram; sometimes they use hynix (made by samsung) chips. I've had pretty good luck with all the brands lately; I go for the one with rebates. Frys has 2x4 gb of corsair 1333 for only $25 after rebate in today's ad. The ddr3 I've used so far has included: gskill ripjaws, patriot gamers series, corsair donminator, and kingston 1333. All worked fine, and some overclocked.
Kingston makes good ram; sometimes they use hynix (made by samsung) chips. I've had pretty good luck with all the brands lately; I go for the one with rebates. Frys has 2x4 gb of corsair 1333 for only $25 after rebate in today's ad. The ddr3 I've used so far has included: gskill ripjaws, patriot gamers series, corsair donminator, and kingston 1333. All worked fine, and some overclocked.

Solution

rockwell73

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Thanks 01die I went to Kingston memory website and did some research on that memory and did a compatibility test (data info) to find out if my motherboard can use that memory. It turns out that i might have to up grade my processor to a i7 or i5 processor. I've already order the memory and i have great confidence that this is going to work. Kingston Technology website is very sufficient in helping me to understand everything you need to know about memory and how it works. So thanks allot for all your help and recommendations ill use them when need.

rockwell73

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Hey i have a question, How do i or do i have to make any changes or adjustments in my bios to make my memory work right. I saw a video on YouTube about going to your bios to configure how your memory should be set to run. So what I'm asking is with this new memory (Kingston Genesis KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX memory Kit ) would i have to do the same?