1155 Chipset due to be sold through OEMs?

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I was waiting until they started selling The chipsets again instead of going the AMD route. Thanks for the advice by the way. When Intel says, " OEMs will sell our product " Does that include Newegg and Tiger Direct? I would like to buy My products for a new build and I dont want to get shafted. What do they mean OEM for the new chipsets? I know many OEM parts come with "limited" service and cables. What is the deal with the OEM? I am confused about this.

Solution
Yeah there should be some, maybe not a full selection, but they should be back in production, since they are shipping them out monday i imagine by mid march they should be fully back in stock.
OEMs are system makers like HP, Dell and Gateway, Newegg and tigerdirect are Etailers, and OEM takes parts from other things and makes their own original equipment out of it and sell it under their brand, hence OEM(original equipment manufacturer)

Newegg and other will NOT carry it until the new ones arrive, they dont want to handle all the returns so its much cheaper for them just to not sell it for a bit than to sell the same amount, and have to deal with a lot more shipping and processing as they get sent for replacement.

The motherboards are not being released on the 14th, the new stepping chipset is being sent out to motherboard makes like ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI, then they send the boards to OEMs who do the first round of large scale testing, then the OEMs and the board makers release it to the public, the new boards likely wont be ready for a week or two yet.

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I honestly Appreciate your help so much. I was going to purchase Items for a new gaming Rig I was going to build, but then The whole Chipset deal happened. I bought a T.V :D Now I need to save up for a bit longer. I was going to go the AMD route, but The great people of Toms Hardware advised me to wait....which is what I'm going to do. I just hope its no later than march.

TRENDING THREADS