Core synchronization. Is it possible?

Is it possible to change a cpu's settings in bios to sychronize all cores? All cores would then be used simultaneously at an equal percentage.
5 answers Last reply
More about core synchronization possible
  1. Nope their is nothing in the bios for what you are asking. In fact there is no way to do that at all. For a program to utilize all your cores it has to be written to do so.
  2. Darn, I thought it might cut down on overusing a single core. My AMD Phenom ll 925, tends to occupy Core 3 more than the rest while gaming.
  3. It makes no difference to the CPU which core or how much a core is used your processor will most likely outlive its usefulness.
  4. If you really want to force a game to not run on a certain core you could open task manager and right click on the game process and then goto set process affinity. There's no reason to do this, but I wanted to throw it out there that such an option exists.
  5. I would not mess with those settings this could potentially throw your system into a tight loop situation not a huge deal a reboot will fix it, but there is no point to do this.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core BIOS