Sign in with
Your question

Core synchronization. Is it possible?

Last response: in CPUs
February 12, 2011 1:38:14 AM

Is it possible to change a cpu's settings in bios to sychronize all cores? All cores would then be used simultaneously at an equal percentage.

More about : core synchronization

a c 133 à CPUs
February 12, 2011 1:43:16 AM

Nope their is nothing in the bios for what you are asking. In fact there is no way to do that at all. For a program to utilize all your cores it has to be written to do so.
m
l
February 12, 2011 1:50:42 AM

Darn, I thought it might cut down on overusing a single core. My AMD Phenom ll 925, tends to occupy Core 3 more than the rest while gaming.
m
l
Related resources
a c 133 à CPUs
February 12, 2011 1:55:28 AM

It makes no difference to the CPU which core or how much a core is used your processor will most likely outlive its usefulness.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 12, 2011 1:57:04 AM

If you really want to force a game to not run on a certain core you could open task manager and right click on the game process and then goto set process affinity. There's no reason to do this, but I wanted to throw it out there that such an option exists.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
February 12, 2011 2:06:44 AM

I would not mess with those settings this could potentially throw your system into a tight loop situation not a huge deal a reboot will fix it, but there is no point to do this.
m
l
!