Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Windows 7
  • SSD
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 17, 2010 7:54:28 PM

Hello,
I built this PC and it booted first time. I loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. No problem. I loaded it to an SSD. Moved the Temp and Tmp directories to my HHD. Everything is working fine and MS updated 54 updates. Still working fine. I started to do some more tweaks for the SSD. Got interrupted. Came back and message - Windows 7 has problems. So I try Repair a couple times with no success. When back to a restore point and got it working again. Later when I started to work do some more tweaks and browse around. I get the MS message updates are ready to be installed. I clicked and indicated wait 4 hours. Got interrupted, came back in less than 30 minutes and message indicateing Windows 7 corrupted. Tried to find the restore I used before and could not find it. Looked at all the information on the PC I could find and it indicated Windows was on drive E:. Since I had not installed any other software, I decided do a clean install. Performed a clean operation on the SSD. I did not format it. Now everytime I have tried to reinstall from the original DVD, get "operating system not found". I have the boot directed to the DVD drive. Any suggestions.....Thanks.
I have a Gigabyte - GA-S58A-UD3R motherboard, with Intel I-7 930 CPU and 6 GB of ram. DVD is an LGelecoem.

More about : windows reinstall

a b B Homebuilt system
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2010 12:44:00 PM

Is this an actual Microsoft DVD or one that you burned yourself? I ran into a problem a while back where I burned my Technet downloaded OS at the rated speed of the DVD Burner. Got one clean installation from it. When I needed to re-install, it could not find the OS. I reburned the OS onto a different DVD at 1x speed and that DVD's been working ever since.

If this is an actual Microsoft DVD, then I don't know what's up.

-Wolf sends
m
l
November 25, 2010 1:56:30 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Is this an actual Microsoft DVD or one that you burned yourself? I ran into a problem a while back where I burned my Technet downloaded OS at the rated speed of the DVD Burner. Got one clean installation from it. When I needed to re-install, it could not find the OS. I reburned the OS onto a different DVD at 1x speed and that DVD's been working ever since.

-Wolf sends

I was following someone's tweaks for using a SSD as the system drive. I set a partition as active. When I rebooted it always looked on the SSD no matter what I did. So I went to the computer store and got a cable that would all me to connect the drive to my old PC and turn off the active status. When I rebooted, it worked fine. I'm good now.
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2010 1:58:37 AM

Wolfshadw said:

-Wolf sends

I was following someone's tweaks for using a SSD as the system drive. I set a partition as active. When I rebooted it always looked on the SSD no matter what I did. So I went to the computer store and got a cable that would all me to connect the drive to my old PC and turn off the active status. When I rebooted, it worked fine. I'm good now.
m
l
December 5, 2010 12:14:18 AM

I big issue was that I had disconnected the computer from the internet. So after the reinstalled failed 2x I read the directions on the install again and noticed that you had to be connected. I still may have a hardware problem with SSD, but I will figure that out. I stopped the automatic updates until it get this PC stable and learn my way around Windows 7 a little better. So everything is fine and I appreciate everyone's attempt to help me solve the problem..
m
l
!