UT2K4 questions - LAN

Last response: in Video Games
a b D Laptop
November 24, 2004 1:50:11 PM

It's been about ten years since I played networked Doom (my most
recent pier-to-pier game experience) and now I have the hunger for
some LAN voilence. UT2K4 looks pretty good but I have a few questions.

I have a Toshiba Centrino laptop that's a few months old. I don't
recall the specs, but I believe they're average. Should I bother even
trying to put UT2K4 on that? What are the minimum laptop requirements
if any?

What's the minimum video card I need for the workstation PC?

Do I need to buy two copies of this game?

Is UT2K4 better with a joystick or some other game controller or will
the keyboard suffice?

I'm interested in LAN play between a workstation and laptop (or
another workstation if the laptop won't cut it). What modes(?) are
available for person-to-person violence? Can I disable the monsters
and play only the other person?

Do cheats work in person-to-person mode? If so can I disable them?

Thank your for your advice.

~ L

More about : ut2k4 questions lan

November 24, 2004 9:55:54 PM

On 24 Nov 2004 10:50:11 -0800, lauren_the_ravishing@yahoo.com (Lauren
The Ravishing) wrote:

>I have a Toshiba Centrino laptop that's a few months old. I don't
>recall the specs, but I believe they're average. Should I bother even
>trying to put UT2K4 on that? What are the minimum laptop requirements
>if any?

Try the demo for yourself.

>Do I need to buy two copies of this game?

Yes.

>Is UT2K4 better with a joystick or some other game controller or will
>the keyboard suffice?

Keyboard and mouse.

>I'm interested in LAN play between a workstation and laptop (or
>another workstation if the laptop won't cut it). What modes(?) are
>available for person-to-person violence? Can I disable the monsters
>and play only the other person?

Deathmatch, Onslaught, CTF, DOM, Assault, Invasion. It is a
multiplayer game, there aren't monsters apart from in Invasion mode.
a b D Laptop
November 24, 2004 10:17:43 PM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:55:54 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
wrote:

>>Do I need to buy two copies of this game?
>
>Yes.

No.

--

Julian Richards
usenet "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

Usenet is how from the comfort of your own living room, you can converse
with people that you would never want in your house.
a b D Laptop
November 24, 2004 10:32:16 PM

"Lauren The Ravishing" <lauren_the_ravishing@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Doom (my most
> recent pier-to-pier game experience)

Am I the only one who finds this amusing?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 25, 2004 12:58:06 AM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:32:16 -0800, goPostal wrote:

>> Doom (my most recent pier-to-pier game experience)

> Am I the only one who finds this amusing?

Yes.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 25, 2004 11:51:49 PM

Apparently so.

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.11.25.03.58.06.893533@invalid.org...
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:32:16 -0800, goPostal wrote:
>
>>> Doom (my most recent pier-to-pier game experience)
>
>> Am I the only one who finds this amusing?
>
> Yes.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 25, 2004 11:51:50 PM

"its me" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Apparently so.
>
> "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.11.25.03.58.06.893533@invalid.org...

>>> Am I the only one who finds this amusing?
>>
>> Yes.

Not even a chuckle? Geez, you guys are a hard audience.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 26, 2004 1:57:38 AM

"goPostal" <none@this.time> wrote in message

> "its me" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Apparently so.
> >
> > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
> > news:p an.2004.11.25.03.58.06.893533@invalid.org...

> >> Yes.
> >>

> Not even a chuckle? Geez, you guys are a hard audience.

Well, the way I see it, if the guy wants to build piers between himself and
the people he palys with, that is his perogative. Wonder what sort of pings
he gets though?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 26, 2004 1:57:39 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:57:38 GMT, "Mango" <mango@verizon.net> wrote:

>"goPostal" <none@this.time> wrote in message
>>
>> "its me" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Apparently so.
>> >
>> > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> > news:p an.2004.11.25.03.58.06.893533@invalid.org...

>> Not even a chuckle? Geez, you guys are a hard audience.
>
>Well, the way I see it, if the guy wants to build piers between himself and
>the people he palys with,
^^^^^

Heh. It never fails.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 26, 2004 3:23:56 PM

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:57:38 GMT, "Mango" <mango@verizon.net> wrote:

>>"goPostal" <none@this.time> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "its me" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message

>>> Not even a chuckle? Geez, you guys are a hard audience.
>>
>>Well, the way I see it, if the guy wants to build piers between himself
>>and
>>the people he palys with,
> ^^^^^
>
> Heh. It never fails.

Waht nver falis?

And also this text:

The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer
is at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it
wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Fcuknig amzanig huh?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 27, 2004 12:01:41 AM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:23:56 +0100, "HaglStorm_DK" <olebech@e-mail.dk>
wrote:

>Fcuknig amzanig huh?

:p
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 27, 2004 2:37:38 PM

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:23:56 +0100, "HaglStorm_DK" <olebech@e-mail.dk>
> wrote:
>
>>Fcuknig amzanig huh?
>>

> :p

I am not quite so knowing about these "smileys"

What does :p  mean?
November 27, 2004 2:37:39 PM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:37:38 +0100, HaglStorm_DK wrote:

> "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:23:56 +0100, "HaglStorm_DK" <olebech@e-mail.dk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Fcuknig amzanig huh?
>>>

>> :p
>>

> I am not quite so knowing about these "smileys"
>
> What does :p  mean?

It is someone sticking their tongue out, in a cheeky fashion.

Substitute the colon ':' with a semi-colon ';' for enhanced 'cheeky-factor'.

;P

Regards,

Pete.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 29, 2004 3:55:58 AM

"Pete" <pete@lotech.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse
news:p an.2004.11.27.11.25.13.995167@lotech.co.uk...
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:37:38 +0100, HaglStorm_DK wrote:
>
> I am not quite so knowing about these "smileys"
> >
> > What does :p  mean?
>
> It is someone sticking their tongue out, in a cheeky fashion.
>
> Substitute the colon ':' with a semi-colon ';' for enhanced
'cheeky-factor'.

> ;P
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete.

There is probably a news group for smileys... out there somewhere....
j-D (= left eye bigger and closed huge smile smiley)

PyroFoam
or GyroForm
or something like it....
!