Im a total knob but would love to run a server how would I go about it ?
have a extra mac and windoze computers which one would be better ? and
where could I get some good maps ?

Schism

"nun lover" <cyberchef@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> Im a total knob but would love to run a server how would I go about it ?

Download the dedicated server/

> have a extra mac and windoze computers which one would be better ?

That's a matter of opinion... your bandwidth is what's going to matter much
more.

> and where could I get some good maps ?

I'd clean the good maps from your cache and use the ones you like best.