Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Extremely high CPU temperature problem

Last response: in CPUs
February 12, 2011 1:39:10 PM

I have a HP laptop, CQ40-416, which has AMD Turion X2 RM-75 processor. I have it since Nov 2009, and running well until about recent months. It couldnt play any game for more than 20 minutes (even for a game like gta san andreas), because after that the CPU temp (i use HWmonitor) is rising above 100C, then it turned off. Just after start up, the temperature is stable at 65C, then if i open some programs, like firefox or office, the temp gets high as 96C. I don't use background programs like anti virus or firewalls, and it already above the CPU temp limit!

Two or three months ago, i used "undervolting" to lower the temp, it went well (never goes over 95C limit) until recent week, and then it keeps getting worse. What do you think? Could i do something wrong? I used to play games in this laptop before, could this be the cause of problem?

Thanks

Here's the pic
a c 850 à CPUs
February 12, 2011 2:02:48 PM

Have you cleaned out the air intake and exhaust for you cooling?
Score
February 12, 2011 2:28:20 PM

Yes i did, but just from the outside. I don't think the exhaust is blocked, because if i close all my running programs, in 5 minutes it should be about 60-70C, and then the fan becomes quiet. By the way, is it normal for a mobile cpu to have idle temp at 60C?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 850 à CPUs
February 12, 2011 2:32:48 PM

60°C sounds high but then again I have never measured mine. To resolve your issue though I am afraid you might have to disassemble clean thoroughly and re assemble with new TIM.
I have had luck finding HP service manuals before on their forum.
February 26, 2011 2:17:20 AM

Best answer selected by andra49.
Score
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 5:21:05 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!