Sign in with
Your question

What is psu?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 25, 2010 9:38:53 AM

help im really new to this but what is psu? and what can it do to the quality of my gaming?

More about : psu

a c 171 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
September 25, 2010 10:11:14 AM

As for the quality of your gaming, a bigger and better PSU will allow you to use the bigger GPUs. This allows you to turn on more details and get higher frame rates.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 4:47:30 PM

The role of the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is to provide power to the internal components. A "bigger" PSU (more watts) will support more devices and devices that require more power; the parts of the computer that require the more power is usually the GPU (video card) and CPU (processor). Having a bigger PSU will not make the gaming better in itself (it really won't change a thing), but will allow you to power more high-end components that do make a difference. If you don't have a "big-enough" PSU, the system will be unstable. The same thing could happen if the PSU is of low quality. Among the reputable brands you have:
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Seasonic
  • PC Power and Cooling (sometimes referred to as PCP&C
    Others brands/models could also be good, just check back here to get opinions on specific models.
    m
    l
    a b U Graphics card
    September 25, 2010 5:00:31 PM

Zenthar said:
    The role of the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is to provide power to the internal components. A "bigger" PSU (more watts) will support more devices and devices that require more power; the parts of the computer that require the more power is usually the GPU (video card) and CPU (processor). Having a bigger PSU will not make the gaming better in itself (it really won't change a thing), but will allow you to power more high-end components that do make a difference. If you don't have a "big-enough" PSU, the system will be unstable. The same thing could happen if the PSU is of low quality. Among the reputable brands you have:
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Seasonic
  • PC Power and Cooling (sometimes referred to as PCP&C
    Others brands/models could also be good, just check back here to get opinions on specific models.

• +1^
    m
    l
    September 26, 2010 3:20:32 AM

Can someone pls help me!
    I moved from europe to panama ( central america) and first I forgot to change the V from 220 to 110 and i turned on my pc. THen my pc made the most devastating noise and shut down. I heard my pc smell like electric parts burned and then i switched from 220v to 115v and it stopped. But now my pc makes noise and whenever i play games some random graphical artifacts appear, and my GPU temp is above 80C when gaming. I can't change the speed with Riva bcoz i did once and it made a huge noise and i was scared it would destroy my fan. the fan speed is 25% and i cant play games bcoz of the random lines , polygons with colors bcoz its really annoying. I surmise this is happening because of : The power supply or the fan's or maybe a dead GPU card but no i dont think so. Please help me!

system specs
    Windows 7 32-bit
    RAM 4GB DDR3
    nVIDIA GTS 250 1G
    Intel Core i5 CPU
    and i dont really know the others
    HELP ME AS FAST AS U CAN PLS
    m
    l
    a c 189 U Graphics card
    September 26, 2010 3:48:13 AM

it could be both of your PSU and maybe the other components are burnt too...
    Next time, make sure you check the input voltage first, different countries has their own standard...
    m
    l
    September 27, 2010 4:20:16 AM

im gonna send it tomorow!
    m
    l
    a c 271 U Graphics card
    a b 4 Gaming
    September 27, 2010 4:58:01 AM

Vjeshta said:
    im gonna send it tomorow!

And don't hijack someone else's thread in future.
    m
    l
    October 3, 2010 8:54:38 AM

is an FSP psu a good brand/manufacturer i saw one and its really cheap the everest edition.
    m
    l
    a c 171 U Graphics card
    a b 4 Gaming
    October 3, 2010 9:32:06 AM

They're ok. Nothing amazing but it shouldn't blow up when you turn it on like a cheap one.
    m
    l
    !