What is psu?

help im really new to this but what is psu? and what can it do to the quality of my gaming?
10 answers Last reply
More about what
  1. As for the quality of your gaming, a bigger and better PSU will allow you to use the bigger GPUs. This allows you to turn on more details and get higher frame rates.
  2. The role of the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is to provide power to the internal components. A "bigger" PSU (more watts) will support more devices and devices that require more power; the parts of the computer that require the more power is usually the GPU (video card) and CPU (processor). Having a bigger PSU will not make the gaming better in itself (it really won't change a thing), but will allow you to power more high-end components that do make a difference. If you don't have a "big-enough" PSU, the system will be unstable. The same thing could happen if the PSU is of low quality. Among the reputable brands you have:Corsair
    Antec
    Seasonic
    PC Power and Cooling (sometimes referred to as PCP&C
    Others brands/models could also be good, just check back here to get opinions on specific models.
  3. Zenthar said:
    The role of the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is to provide power to the internal components. A "bigger" PSU (more watts) will support more devices and devices that require more power; the parts of the computer that require the more power is usually the GPU (video card) and CPU (processor). Having a bigger PSU will not make the gaming better in itself (it really won't change a thing), but will allow you to power more high-end components that do make a difference. If you don't have a "big-enough" PSU, the system will be unstable. The same thing could happen if the PSU is of low quality. Among the reputable brands you have:Corsair
    Antec
    Seasonic
    PC Power and Cooling (sometimes referred to as PCP&C
    Others brands/models could also be good, just check back here to get opinions on specific models.

+1^
  4. Can someone pls help me!
    I moved from europe to panama ( central america) and first I forgot to change the V from 220 to 110 and i turned on my pc. THen my pc made the most devastating noise and shut down. I heard my pc smell like electric parts burned and then i switched from 220v to 115v and it stopped. But now my pc makes noise and whenever i play games some random graphical artifacts appear, and my GPU temp is above 80C when gaming. I can't change the speed with Riva bcoz i did once and it made a huge noise and i was scared it would destroy my fan. the fan speed is 25% and i cant play games bcoz of the random lines , polygons with colors bcoz its really annoying. I surmise this is happening because of : The power supply or the fan's or maybe a dead GPU card but no i dont think so. Please help me!

system specs
    Windows 7 32-bit
    RAM 4GB DDR3
    nVIDIA GTS 250 1G
    Intel Core i5 CPU
    and i dont really know the others
    HELP ME AS FAST AS U CAN PLS
  5. it could be both of your PSU and maybe the other components are burnt too...
    Next time, make sure you check the input voltage first, different countries has their own standard...
  6. im gonna send it tomorow!
  7. Vjeshta said:
    im gonna send it tomorow!

And don't hijack someone else's thread in future.
  8. is an FSP psu a good brand/manufacturer i saw one and its really cheap the everest edition.
  9. They're ok. Nothing amazing but it shouldn't blow up when you turn it on like a cheap one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Graphics