Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which case?

Last response: in Systems
November 18, 2010 2:05:49 AM

I have everything for my build picked out, except for the case. I want a case that will last me through multiple builds/upgrades, watercooling is not important, airflow is. I have narrowed it down to two I like but I am open to any suggestions, though it has to have red fans, as well as a side window.

Here are the two cases:

I like this one alot, but is the aluminum really worth the premium? I want a lian li case because of their reputation, but I wonder if the anodized red aluminum looks a little to pink, can't tell in these pics, but if you look at reviews for it....

Lian Li AMD Case

I like this one as well, its cheaper, but its steel, not aluminum. Again is aluminum worth the premium price? I know the red in this one is not as pink as the first case.

Lian Li Lancool

But, like I said I'm open to any suggestions for any other red fanned side windowed cases. (its late, my grammar suffers...)

Anyway, thanks for any advice.

More about : case

Related resources
November 18, 2010 2:36:41 AM

^ You cant go wrong with the Lancool case...
People mainly buy aluminium cases because of the finish, but in general if you compare the above 2 Lian-Lis, the Lancool is better in terms of HDD accessibility...
I would rather spend that extra money on the components inside...
m
l

Best solution

November 18, 2010 2:41:29 AM

They both look about the same on the aspects i look for in a case.

They both have about the same room to store cables on the back side, both have cuts into the motherboard try to feed cables, and they both have top fans.

The only real difference between the two cases are that the HDD stack is turned on the Lancool, this will look much better and provide for easier cable feed. I think it has become very popular over the years.

So to really answer your question, its really up to you. You pretty much picked two great Cases that will perform par with one another. The question is, dragon or no dragon? :p 
November 18, 2010 3:07:00 AM

^ Lolz, even I am not impressed by the looks of that case, but I doubt there are any cases which can compete with it on the features...
m
l
November 18, 2010 3:31:53 AM

^ Haha, ya that will surely attract her attention...
Like I said(and what everyone has been saying) the Lancool seems to be the better option...
m
l
November 18, 2010 5:41:21 AM

Best answer selected by scazbala86.
m
l
November 18, 2010 5:42:36 AM

Lancool it is then, thanks for all the help :) 
m
l
!