Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • SSD
  • Compatibility
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
March 1, 2013 12:25:53 PM

Has someone changed the original hard drive for an SSD in the Envy 13? I need to know which SSD should I buy , I mean which one is compatible. I know that should be a micro SATA 1.8. But I do not know if any of this kind serves, and do not know if I can put one of 256GB as I want. Apparently, I can only put one of 160GB. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

More about : wich ssd envy

a b G Storage
March 1, 2013 12:48:52 PM

What is the exact model number of the computer? They have many models, and to ensure compatibility, want to make sure to give you the correct information. :-)
m
l
a b G Storage
March 1, 2013 1:04:13 PM

Also you could pull out the DVD tray and install a SSD. That way a ssd for OS n programs and everything else on HDD. That way you could buy a standard size ssd.
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2013 3:28:47 PM

ronintexas said:
What is the exact model number of the computer? They have many models, and to ensure compatibility, want to make sure to give you the correct information. :-)

Is the Envy 13-1030NR.
m
l
March 1, 2013 3:34:08 PM

envy14tpe said:
Also you could pull out the DVD tray and install a SSD. That way a ssd for OS n programs and everything else on HDD. That way you could buy a standard size ssd.

No optical drive on it.
m
l
March 13, 2013 7:50:50 PM

adsum said:
Has someone changed the original hard drive for an SSD in the Envy 13? I need to know which SSD should I buy , I mean which one is compatible. I know that should be a micro SATA 1.8. But I do not know if any of this kind serves, and do not know if I can put one of 256GB as I want. Apparently, I can only put one of 160GB. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

This drive would work perfectly, it is very reliable and fits nicely. It costs only about 90 bucks for it. No 256gb drives are available for a decent price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/128GB-Crucial-RealSSD-C300-SATA...
m
l
March 13, 2013 7:51:49 PM

You can find one on Amazon too.
m
l
!