Identifying the motherboard with sandy bridge problem without knowing the specs

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
It has nothing to do with Built in Graphics. It has nothing to do with the CPU either. Its the problem with the P67/H67 motherboards. There is a weakness in the SATA II ports that Degrade with excessive use over a few years. Its the ports for your Hard drives and Optical drives and such. I hope I was of any help.

Hello,is it correct that the sandy bridge problem is with cpu and motherboards where the cpu has built-in graphics card?

NO.....

It is a weakness in the P67 and H67 chips. In particular, only the 4 regular 3gb sata ports. The two 6gb sata ports are unaffected and can be used. Some motherboards have additional marvell controller sata ports, they also are ok. Intel has started shipping corrected revisions of the chips already.

katemaybury

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
OK I guess my question is more -What motherboards are good for the new i5 (with in- built graphics) if any at this stage? Do we have to wait for motherboards with the new chipset?
Also thanks for the replies received so far, awesome.

katemaybury

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
OK that sounded silly, but I am not clear if there are actually boards which are going to work well with the new CPU..........I realise new ones are on the way in April from Intel, what would be a possibility from ebay-only ones are are faulty on those ports identified?

All the boards are faulty, but manufacturers have come out with exchange programs so before buying of ebay make sure the board qualifies!

TRENDING THREADS