ATI = Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

PROBLEM 1
I always get a bsod when trying to play a youtube video in no matter which browser (chrome, IE, firefox). I've found a workaround by right-clicking and disabling hardware acceleration.

PROBLEM 2
Playing videos in windows media player. A lot of the time when i try playing a vid in wmp it starts bugging out and crashes and i get a message saying "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered"

PROBLEM 3
When trying to get a 'score' on the windows experience index it crashes and the same error appears "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered"...

I've done everything i could think of reinstalled drivers updated drivers reinstalling windows 7, seriously nothing helps...

My graphics are two 5870's.

G

Tried that. And each one is good but even with one card the problems exists... and tried that old driver stuff and that doesn't seem to do anything.. I just use VLC and i have no score and i don't use hardware acceleration and things are fine but these problems shouldn't be here to begin with... There are several people who have similar problems but there doesn't seem to be a fix.. I never had these kind of problems with Nvidia though... My next pc isn't going to be ati. Their support sucks

Tried that. And each one is good but even with one card the problems exists... and tried that old driver stuff and that doesn't seem to do anything.. I just use VLC and i have no score and i don't use hardware acceleration and things are fine but these problems shouldn't be here to begin with... There are several people who have similar problems but there doesn't seem to be a fix.. I never had these kind of problems with Nvidia though... My next pc isn't going to be ati. Their support sucks
Have you OC'd anything ?
As leon said we need to know your PSU, but if its adequate ,then probably both of your cards are defective, so you may need to RMA it.
However,before RMA'ng, try this method and it may help
Set your 2D clocks to 400/900,here is how:
1_Open CCC and choose Overdrive tab,unlock the settings(by clicking on the " Gold Key" icon)
2_Go top options,profile and choose profile manager.
3_In the composition tab,choose "The following settings" and in the "ATI Radeon HD 5900 series"make sure only ATI overdrive is checked.
Then enter a profile name,then save and close it(Do not activate).
4_Go to C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (Its hidden so make sure you unlock hidden files and folders)
5_Open the profile with wordpad and do this edits:
<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="40000" /> (default is 15700)

<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="90000" /> (default is 30000)

Save the changes and close.

6_Open CCC,in options tab go to profiles,profile manager and choose the profile that you saved before and then click on Activate and close.

Also if you have bought a faulty card it doesn't mean that all of their products are bad,there are always satisfied/dissatisfied user with a specific product.

G

Uhm ok so :

windows 7 32bit
3gb ram
2x 5870 graphics
motherboard p6t se
core i7 930 2.80ghz

That's all i guess :)
Hope this helps

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
1.if the cards are OC'd even just 1mhz over CCC's limits it will crash on flash with hardware acceleration enabled, just turn it off for good, it's only an advantage if you're using a low end notebook with integrated graphics.

2 and 3. set your cards back to stock settings and see if it still happens

G

If you mean power supply unit.. i mean it's just a generic one it doesn't even say the voltage do you think that may be the reason?

leon2006

Distinguished
Uhm ok so :

windows 7 32bit
3gb ram
2x 5870 graphics
motherboard p6t se
core i7 930 2.80ghz

That's all i guess :)
Hope this helps

Here's a tool to calculate the power (Watts) you need for your hardware. Get a reliable known good brand PSU. It will save you a lot of headche.

Antec PSU Calculator:
http://www.antec.outervision.com/

Corsair PSU Calculator:
http://www.corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx

Protect your HW investment with good reliable PSU. It will eliminate un-explained/weird issues on your PC. Your hardware won't work without adequate & clean power. Go for brand like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic...etc.

Here's a site that review PSU..

http://www.jonnyguru.com/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.