Sign in with
Your question

How many graphics cards get RMA'ed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

What percentage of graphics cards do you think are RMA material once they get sold?

Total: 9 votes (4 blank votes)

• 1 in 1000
  • 15 %
  • 1 in 500
  • 15 %
  • 1 in 250
  • 29 %
  • 1%
  • 15 %
  • 5%
  • 0 %
  • 10%
  • 29 %
  • 25%
  • 0 %
  • 35%
  • 0 %
  • 50%
  • 0 %
  • More than half
  • 0 %
September 25, 2010 3:45:11 PM

I am creating a poll to see what the public thinks about graphic card RMA's and how often they occur. Based on current experience, an educated guess or facts.

You can also discuss why they happen, what companies do to prevent them from happening and what is the most common root cause of most RMA's.

More about : graphics cards rma

a c 194 U Graphics card
September 25, 2010 3:51:33 PM

I would say probably 0.1%-1% depending on the brand. It cant be very high or we wouldnt have cards with 3 year or more warranties, it just wouldnt be economical for the company.
September 26, 2010 5:54:39 AM

Yeah, it does happen though. Who would say it happens more on models that have been OC by the company? I think that's a factor sometimes.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2010 7:07:20 AM

This would be nearly impossible to measure unless we get a retailer/distributor/importer to comment on this. Most of us would probably buy 1~3 video cards within a year, and most do have working cards out of the box.

Unless your survey gets answered by thousands of people (which most likely would be impossible, as even popular threads usually get only hundreds), the results may be skewed or not even remotely represent what is happening in general.
September 26, 2010 7:11:51 AM

amnotanoobie said:
This would be nearly impossible to measure unless we get a retailer/distributor/importer to comment on this. Most of us would probably buy 1~3 video cards within a year, and most do have working cards out of the box.

Unless your survey gets answered by thousands of people (which most likely would be impossible, as even popular threads usually get only hundreds), the results may be skewed or not even remotely represent what is happening in general.

Yeah, but it's not what the exact number is, it's what the public thinks in general.
!