Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Doubt about Power Supply

Last response: in Components
Share
February 13, 2011 1:14:48 AM


Look guys:

I have the following cpu:

Athlon II X2 2.8 GHz
Asus MB M4N78 SE
GF 7300 256 MB
1 Memory 2 GB DDR2
1 HD
1 DVD-RW

My question is which of the following power supplies that I already have suit better with the CPU:

Generic Hallion 500 W Power Supply
Allied 350 W Realliable Power Supply

And 1 more question, If I use it for 8 or more hours per day, would I need some air refrigerition?, I have a couple of 8 mm coolers and 1 extractor of air cooler, but don't know If the PSU can handle them.

I don't plan to buy any more components, just want a cheap and safe PC. Thanks for your answers :) 

More about : doubt power supply

a b ) Power supply
a c 135 à CPUs
February 13, 2011 1:34:31 AM

um i cant find reliable reviews on these power, atleast get a budget suitable ps such as Antec NEO ECO 520C for 60$ bucks, and ya ud have to be more specific about ur heatsink and fans , what make and model, what size fans and if theyre compatible with ur current case
m
0
l
February 13, 2011 1:47:04 AM

Thanks for your answer!, It solved my doubt. I'll try in the future to get a relliable PSU. Unfourtanly in Peru, were I live, those PSU are not really cheap, costs like 50% more.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a c 135 à CPUs
February 13, 2011 2:26:05 AM

safer than sorry is a good guideline, price for a porscha 250,000$ or more, peace of mind by buying a good quality ps priceless
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 1:59:15 AM

Hey! I put the 500w one and surprisingly it made a flash and inmediatly stinked to something burned, I think it made a short circuit or something like that, I guess that psu doesn't work anymore.

I need a PSU for replacement, what do you recommend?, on my market I saw a:

Cooler Master Elite Power 460w
Model RS-460-PSAR-J3
Series Elite 460

It's cheap and I could afford it, but what do you think about?, I need a safe PSU and one that in the future could support a better graphic card, may be an ATI 6600 or 6700 (medium range).
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
a c 120 à CPUs
February 17, 2011 2:15:04 AM

aidm89 said:
Hey! I put the 500w one and surprisingly it made a flash and inmediatly stinked to something burned, I think it made a short circuit or something like that, I guess that psu doesn't work anymore.

I need a PSU for replacement, what do you recommend?, on my market I saw a:

Cooler Master Elite Power 460w
Model RS-460-PSAR-J3
Series Elite 460

It's cheap and I could afford it, but what do you think about?, I need a safe PSU and one that in the future could support a better graphic card, may be an ATI 6600 or 6700 (medium range).

Ya it's cheap and a relabelled 400W unit with no overcurrent protection.
It only delivers 420W.
It's ok but i wouldn't pay more the $30 US for it.
Give us a link to a retailer in Peru please!
m
0
l
February 19, 2011 11:10:05 PM

davcon said:
Ya it's cheap and a relabelled 400W unit with no overcurrent protection.
It only delivers 420W.
It's ok but i wouldn't pay more the $30 US for it.
Give us a link to a retailer in Peru please!


This is the one from I refered to:

http://eshops.mercadolibre.com.pe/iecsa_ventas/listado/...

But that 400 PSU I mentioned Is no longer posted, It's price was 50 bucks.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
a c 120 à CPUs
February 20, 2011 1:52:33 AM

aidm89 said:
This is the one from I refered to:

http://eshops.mercadolibre.com.pe/iecsa_ventas/listado/...

But that 400 PSU I mentioned Is no longer posted, It's price was 50 bucks.

Unfortunately the Thermaltake 460W is your best option for the price.
It's an ok unit but keep in mind it only delivers 420W.
The only good unit i saw was a Corsair CX500W but it was $85 shipping extra.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
a c 120 à CPUs
February 20, 2011 3:14:08 AM

Quote:
wheres the Corsair lol all i see is Tr2 junk and the expensive coolermaster ones

Actually there's a couple.Only units worthwhile in a sea of Thermaltake crap.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.pe/MPE-14224643-corsai...
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.pe/MPE-14224825-podero...
I have no idea about currencies in South America but to the OP is it feasible to import a psu from Brazil?
They actually have shops with a selection of good units.
http://www.waz.com.br/_produtos/?ca=10

m
0
l
February 27, 2011 1:51:54 PM

Thanks for the answers, I think I'll go for the Cooler Master 650 W. That brazilian web looks great, but I think it's only for brazilian market.
m
0
l
!