Sign in with
Your question

Aye Aye Aye Eyefinity!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 25, 2010 5:20:22 PM

I have this card:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ATCGRS/ref=oss_pro...

And this "active Displayport SVGA adapter"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HC85D2/ref=oss_pro...

The card has DisplayPort, DVI and SVGA outputs.

All three outputs are connected (the DisplayPort connects via the DP->SVGA adapter).

I can get any 2 of the 3 to work together, but not all three.

I've even tried a DVI-->SVGA adapter, so all three monitors are connected via SVGA. Still no luck.

The video card says it supports eyefinity. The adapter (and some of the comments on Amazon) said it should too.

I downloaded the ATI CCC today for Win7 x64 so it should be current.

Any ideas? Thanks

More about : aye aye aye eyefinity

September 27, 2010 1:30:38 AM

Start your own thread rather than hijacking two others.
m
l
September 27, 2010 12:23:31 PM

atmospheres said:
Start your own thread rather than hijacking two others.

I assume this was the edit made by mousemonkey?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 27, 2010 1:30:35 PM

hm..thats the exact same adapter i bought and it works perfectly for me. what is the native resolutions of the 3 monitors your trying to run?
m
l
September 27, 2010 1:58:07 PM

CrysisComa said:
hm..thats the exact same adapter i bought and it works perfectly for me. what is the native resolutions of the 3 monitors your trying to run?

One is 1280x1024
The other is 1680x1050
and the 3rd is 1920x1080

In testing I set all monitors to both 1280x1024 and even 800x600.
m
l
September 27, 2010 2:16:24 PM

Doesn't look like that card supports Eyefinity:

PowerColor's Spec page for the HD 5450 - Click on the Specification Tab.

You'll note the ATI Eyefinity entry is blank (as in not supported).

-Wolf sends
m
l
September 27, 2010 2:51:00 PM

Whoops! My bad. Sorry about that. :whistle: 

Can you get an image on just one monitor using the DP --> SVGA adapter?

-Wolf sends
m
l
September 27, 2010 2:56:30 PM

Yes. The DP adapter works. I can get any 2 of the 3 to work but not all 3 at the same time.
m
l
September 27, 2010 5:17:48 PM

Ramias said:
I assume this was the edit made by mousemonkey?

Yes, your thread was being hijacked which is something I take exception to.
m
l
September 27, 2010 9:02:08 PM

so your using the 10.9 drivers? and your sure they installed properly? and also if you havent tried it turn all the monitors to 800x600 before trying to enable eyefinity.

disable 2 of the 3 monitors, and then try to create group. also you could try rotating the connectors. basically try each monitor plugged into a different connection port. i would try the 1280x1024 with the DP adapter first.

when you try to create a group does it just not display all connections? before when your at the "Desktop and Displays" tab does it show all 3 monitors on the bottom of the page?
m
l
December 16, 2010 12:27:12 PM

Hello I am back to my old thread.

I have this card:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ATCGRS/ref=oss_pro...
which is this card per the mfg: http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?...

It is supposed to support eyefinity.

Right now that is the only card in my system.

I have a Dell Ultrasharp monitor connected via this DisplayPort cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MIB0SU/ref=oss_pro...

I have an older Dell connected via SVGA and an Acer 23" connected via DVI.

Only 2 out of 3 work.

I have version 10.12 of the ATI drivers and CCC installed.

Every time I try to enable the 3rd monitor CCC tells me I have to disable one.

I'm at a loss here. Can anybody help?

Thanks
m
l
December 16, 2010 5:44:23 PM

I had that problem a lot trying to get my eyefinity set up.

When you pull up CCC and the eyefinity display group UI, does it happen to say that one of the monitors is disabled? If you rightclick on your desktop and go to display properties, it should detect multiple monitors in the dropdown. Is one of the options in the dropdown disabled?

If so, I had to repeatedly (I mean repeatedly) click 'detect' on the UI until it acknowledged the montiors were connected. And then even then it was onlys howing the monitor plugged into the DP as a 'non plug and play montor' that only offered 640x480 res. I do forget the actual details about what I had to do to get it right, but it started with getting all 3 monitors on, then all 3 monitors set to 1280x1024 (my case) resolutions, and then i could set up an eyefinity group.

In fact, I just updated to 10.12 and after my most recent windows update, the machine came back on with 2/3 monitors on (the DP monitor was not on). I'm hoping I'll just need to do a cold reboot. I've found that sometimes if you do a 'soft' reset on the machine, the monitors do not come back in the correct eyefinity configuration.

God damn AMD bugs.
m
l
December 16, 2010 6:46:08 PM

Thanks to all those who responded. Turns out PowerColor has an unpublished bios update for this. I called support and got the bios update for the video card and everything works -- I have three screens powered by the same card. Awesome. I don't even need the ATI software installed to achieve this.
m
l
!