Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ddr3 will eec ram fit a non ecc m /b

Last response: in Motherboards
October 17, 2011 4:56:19 AM

Hello,hi i have a asus p8z68-v pro m/b so i got 32meg of eec ram then i saw the specs and it said 32 meg non ecc will it work ok

More about : ddr3 eec ram fit ecc

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 17, 2011 10:45:41 AM

Some ecc ram will run in a desktop board (the ram must not be registered) if it's the same pin count, but there's no way to predict if it will work. Given a choice, stick with non-ecc ram for a desktop.
October 17, 2011 10:54:01 AM

it'll only work if you're running a processor with a memory controller supporting ecc.
Since I'm assuming the board above is a z68 variant, I would guess it isn't supported. But if in doubt google : intel ark <processor> where <processsor> is your model number (2500k or whatever)
Related resources
October 24, 2011 7:49:55 PM

Best answer selected by ted simm.
October 24, 2011 7:51:45 PM

o1die said:
Some ecc ram will run in a desktop board (the ram must not be registered) if it's the same pin count, but there's no way to predict if it will work. Given a choice, stick with non-ecc ram for a desktop.

sorry about the delay but Ive been sick thank you very much for your time and effort cheers
October 24, 2011 7:58:01 PM

neiroatopelcc said:
it'll only work if you're running a processor with a memory controller supporting ecc.
Since I'm assuming the board above is a z68 variant, I would guess it isn't supported. But if in doubt google : intel ark <processor> where <processsor> is your model number (2500k or whatever)

thanks for your help can you tell me the board and cpu are the best combo so i am told the intel 2500k is the unlocked version is it better or not can you help i am still new at this cheers ted ps yes the m/b is a asusp8z68-v pro can you tell any more and can you tell me what this ssd drive is thanks
!