Ddr3 will eec ram fit a non ecc m /b

ted simm

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,hi i have a asus p8z68-v pro m/b so i got 32meg of eec ram then i saw the specs and it said 32 meg non ecc will it work ok

Solution
Some ecc ram will run in a desktop board (the ram must not be registered) if it's the same pin count, but there's no way to predict if it will work. Given a choice, stick with non-ecc ram for a desktop.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
it'll only work if you're running a processor with a memory controller supporting ecc.
Since I'm assuming the board above is a z68 variant, I would guess it isn't supported. But if in doubt google : intel ark <processor> where <processsor> is your model number (2500k or whatever)

ted simm

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

sorry about the delay but Ive been sick thank you very much for your time and effort cheers

ted simm

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

thanks for your help can you tell me the board and cpu are the best combo so i am told the intel 2500k is the unlocked version is it better or not can you help i am still new at this cheers ted ps yes the m/b is a asusp8z68-v pro can you tell any more and can you tell me what this ssd drive is thanks