Command Line Syntax

If I might enlist the community's help:

I wrote yet another UT Map Install program. I also adapted it for UT 2003
and 2004. The problem is that I do not have the right command line syntax
for launching 2003 and 2004 from my installer. I also am missing some syntax
for some UT game mod types.

If anyone could supply me with the command line syntax for UT game mods
and UT 2003 and 2004 supplied game types and as many mods as possible, I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Larry

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:28:41 +0000, vbman wrote:

> I wrote yet another UT Map Install program. I also adapted it for UT
> 2003
> and 2004. The problem is that I do not have the right command line syntax
> for launching 2003 and 2004 from my installer. I also am missing some
> syntax for some UT game mod types.

You wrote an installer program, and can't figure out how to launch the
game? Is that a joke, or what?

> If anyone could supply me with the command line syntax for UT game
> mods
> and UT 2003 and 2004 supplied game types and as many mods as possible, I
> would really appreciate it.

Have you ever heard of Google? Look up the syntax on there (simple), and
go collect your own mods.

Linux Registered User #327951

Meltdown

vbman enlightened us with:
> I wrote yet another UT Map Install program. [...] If anyone could
> supply me with the command line syntax for UT game mods and UT 2003
> and 2004 supplied game types and as many mods as possible, I would
> really appreciate it.

How can you write a good program if you can't even do basic research?
I have lots of doubts about the quality of your code & user
interface...

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

If you would take the time to comprehend my message you would understand
that I have the syntax for some of the game types and mods, but not all.
No, this is not a joke. If all you can do is criticize and not assist, why
bother. If anyone else would like to help, it would be appreciated.

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:28:41 +0000, vbman wrote:
>
> > I wrote yet another UT Map Install program. I also adapted it for UT
> > 2003
> > and 2004. The problem is that I do not have the right command line
syntax
> > for launching 2003 and 2004 from my installer. I also am missing some
> > syntax for some UT game mod types.
>
> You wrote an installer program, and can't figure out how to launch the
> game? Is that a joke, or what?
>
> > If anyone could supply me with the command line syntax for UT game
> > mods
> > and UT 2003 and 2004 supplied game types and as many mods as possible, I
> > would really appreciate it.
>
> Have you ever heard of Google? Look up the syntax on there (simple), and
> go collect your own mods.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Thanks to you both (Meltdown and Dan C) for useless criticism. Without
seeing the quality of my code you make an uninformed assumption. I have the
basic syntax for UT99 for the main game types and some mods, but I was
hoping for assistance for the other game types and mods, not lazy sniping.
If any one ELSE would like to assist me I would appreciate it.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote in message
> vbman enlightened us with:
> > I wrote yet another UT Map Install program. [...] If anyone could
> > supply me with the command line syntax for UT game mods and UT 2003
> > and 2004 supplied game types and as many mods as possible, I would
> > really appreciate it.
>
> How can you write a good program if you can't even do basic research?
> I have lots of doubts about the quality of your code & user
> interface...
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Thanks man.

"Trevor Lea" <trevorl@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> vbman wrote:
>
> > If I might enlist the community's help: ...
>
> Yeah, from this grumpy group, not likely. Give this site a shot:
>
> http://www.unrealadmin.org

Meltdown

vbman enlightened us with:
>> http://www.unrealadmin.org
> Thanks man.

Well, if you didn't have that URL already, you obviously didn't even
browse through our FAQ. Now think again why people are a bit grumpy.

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:18:35 +0000, vbman wrote:

> Reference my last post please.

You're so friggin clueless it's kinda scary.

Learn how to properly use a newsreader application, and how to post
properly, before you post again.

Linux Registered User #327951