Caring for my Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
January 28, 2005 7:15:36 PM

Hey all, I've got a Compaq Pres R3000 and have a few questions on caring for
my laptop.

1- Keyboard. I'm embarassed to admit how much dust is actually in my
household. Never realised it until I started seeing it accruing on my laptop
monitor and keys. Is there any special suction/ or air-spray & such that's
good for a keyboard? Or should wiping with a dry cloth every so often
suffice?

2- Monitor. Hmmmm, did I mention monitor dust? Well, there's also a few tiny
smudges here and there and I'm ultra careful to not be wiping down my
monitor without being sure I know I'm doing it the right way? Any real-First
Hand Experience out there as to what's best and safest?

As you can all tell (or maybe not) I'm still treating my 4 month old laptop
as if it's a newborn baby (scared that is to do anything that'll screw it
up....hell, it cost me enough).

Thanks in advance for suggestions, insight and other relevant comments.

;-)

More about : caring laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
January 28, 2005 7:15:37 PM

> 1- Keyboard. I'm embarassed to admit how much dust is actually in my
> household. Never realised it until I started seeing it accruing on my
laptop
> monitor and keys. Is there any special suction/ or air-spray & such
that's

Canned "air" is fine.

> 2- Monitor. Hmmmm, did I mention monitor dust? Well, there's also a
few tiny
> smudges here and there and I'm ultra careful to not be wiping down my

For screen dust, I prefer to use a soft paintbrush and whisk it off
lightly. For smudges, eyeglass cleaner (the non-ammonia type designed
for coated lenses) on a soft tissue. Don't use canned air because you
might freeze the display.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
January 29, 2005 7:39:22 PM

<larwe@larwe.com> wrote in message
> For screen dust, I prefer to use a soft paintbrush and whisk it off
> lightly. For smudges, eyeglass cleaner (the non-ammonia type designed
> for coated lenses) on a soft tissue. Don't use canned air because you
> might freeze the display.

thanks!
!