Rebooted computer now my belkin wifi adapter wont work

halomaster56

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I just bought a cheap belkin wifi adapter to check out the speed at my apartment. I just moved in and they offer free wifi. well i had no problems installing the adapter till i restarted. Then the computer wouldnt recognize it anymore. I tried ti uninstall/reinstall nothing, I also went to a friends and got drivers but its still the first version for the adapter. What else can I try? I'm getting cable later since the highest speed I got was 36mbs. So i dont want to buy another adapter. I just need this one to work a few more days till i return it to wally world.

Its the belkin surf and share adapter

mustangman

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

I have a belkin dongle Wireless N adapter. It runs ok when it runs. It keeps dropping the connection. I need then to unplug it (its usb) and replug it into the usb port to get it running again. I expect that is driver issues or a hardward conflict. I finally installed a home wiring network to get connection to my garage using direct network cabling. So now the only wireless part is the network adapter that uses the house wiring. It works very well running at 50mbps. Before I couldn't get more than 13 to 20 mbps using the belkin wireless setup.