Imprinting date/time on a photo in D70

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 16, 2005 12:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,aus.photo (More info?)

Hi All,

Is it possible to imprint date/ time on photos taken with D70? When
setting printing order in the camera menu it can be set, aparently, but
once transferred from memory card into Picture Project and consequently
to CD, the date is gone.

Thanks
Alex
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:01:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,aus.photo (More info?)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:01:07 +1100, in rec.photo.digital Alex Gitlits
<agitlits@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to imprint date/ time on photos taken with D70? When
>setting printing order in the camera menu it can be set, aparently, but
>once transferred from memory card into Picture Project and consequently
>to CD, the date is gone.

I don't understand why anyone would want to spoil their photographs by
doing this, but there are any number of image editing and/or printing
programs which can do this: PS, PSP, Irfanview, Qimage, etc. are a few that
come to mind.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
January 16, 2005 12:01:08 AM

Alex Gitlits wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to imprint date/ time on photos taken with D70? When
> setting printing order in the camera menu it can be set, aparently, but
> once transferred from memory card into Picture Project and consequently
> to CD, the date is gone.
>
> Thanks
> Alex

Wise choice. If you want the date, surely you can find a program that
will print the date on the border from the EXIF information....
January 16, 2005 12:01:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,aus.photo (More info?)

You can set up Picture Project to name the transferred files with date
and time. The date and time used is when the picture was taken.

Also, if you haven't damaged the EXIF data, you can find the date and
time of the picture in the data. Many of the post processing software
maintains the EXIF data, and can also view it.

Ed Ruf wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:01:07 +1100, in rec.photo.digital Alex Gitlits
> <agitlits@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to imprint date/ time on photos taken with D70? When
>>setting printing order in the camera menu it can be set, aparently, but
>>once transferred from memory card into Picture Project and consequently
>>to CD, the date is gone.
>

> I don't understand why anyone would want to spoil their photographs by
> doing this, but there are any number of image editing and/or printing
> programs which can do this: PS, PSP, Irfanview, Qimage, etc. are a few that
> come to mind.
> ----------
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:21:28 AM

Ed Ruf wrote:

> I don't understand why anyone would want to spoil their photographs
by
> doing this,

Proofs for clients? Historical and certain documentary photograhy?
Because he wants to?
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:13:56 PM

Ed Ruf wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:01:07 +1100, in rec.photo.digital Alex Gitlits
> <agitlits@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to imprint date/ time on photos taken with D70? When
>>setting printing order in the camera menu it can be set, aparently, but
>>once transferred from memory card into Picture Project and consequently
>>to CD, the date is gone.
>

> I don't understand why anyone would want to spoil their photographs by
> doing this, but there are any number of image editing and/or printing
> programs which can do this: PS, PSP, Irfanview, Qimage, etc. are a few that
> come to mind.
> ----------
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Thanks Ed.

I don't really want it. The wife wants, especially on the photos of our kid.

Alex
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:13:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,aus.photo (More info?)

If you have or buy a Canon printer, you get a wonderful little program
called "EasyPhotoPrint" that allows you to print the date in a variety of
colors and locations.

!