I am using a DIY Vidock (external graphics card) with a radeon HD 5870. Everything works; the computer detects the card and everything, but the one problem is that the Catalyst drivers do not. No matter how many times I install different drivers, it never detects it. When the onboard 8400M GS is on, it says that the driver is not compatable with the current enabled graphics adapter. When I disable the 8400M GS, it says that "no ati driver is installed, or it has malfunctioned" (something along those lines). The 5870 shows up under "unspecified" on the device manager.
* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection