GPU Capacitor went KaBOOM!

amitb101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
My capacitors on my GPU blew out today but I already have a new GPU on the way. (Lucky me!) Im upgrading from GeForce GT8600 to HD5700, I was just wondering if i needed to upgrade me PSU due to the capacitor blowing up. I have cheked everything and seems to be fine with PSU and the mobo

I open'd the Desktop right afterward, and the Card was hot as hell? just trying to firgure out couple of things! What shall I ever do?

My PSU

DSC01861.jpg

Please and thanks in advance!

Ohh also i was wondering if i should still take it out and not use my Desktop (kind of hard not to i need my Solidswork and ACad for my ENR work)

P.S. Note to self, dont run Crysis and Acad at the same time

Thanks a buch!

amitb101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Humor gota have it!

But yes with that take care of,

1) Should i start my computer?
2) If i can start the computer can i run it wihtout the GPU?
3) My new card arrives in 3 days(they should ship during the weekend I say we are in recession the people of US should not take weekends off! haha) but yeah should I start the computer and uninstall the drivers before I install the new card.
4) ...? I dont know what to do for 3 days now

But yeah the card got a lil hot I say and it went out in fashion, clam and quite without taking my Mobo and any other parts. Good thing!

Thanks in bunchies!

amitb101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010

Yeah I know but I dont have any other way of testing it? And no not under warranty anymore, I made this desktop for Solidworks and Autocad like 5years ago lol.. my GPU was so badass then its a piece of dudu