Windows 7 install cant find my HDD

In the past week I had received a blue screen that crashed my laptop. After that, my computer would not boot. It would just start in windows 7 repair. I tried to put in my windows 7 disk to try and format the drive (WD Caviar Blue 160gig) and reinstall windows 7 on the hdd, but it wouldn't see the drive. On top of that, just getting to the install took all night.

After that, I plugged the hdd into another pc and deleted the two partitions I created (Local Disk, RAM) That was not very responsive but I got the drive formatted and made a fresh NTFS partition on the drive. I then put the drive back into my laptop and tried to install windows 7 on the fresh partition. In the install I deleted the partition and made a new partition for good measures. Windows started to install on the drive, but than failed... Any time I try to install windows on the drive, it ether wont see the drive or it cant be installed on the drive because of "Driver Issues"

I know the problem isnt the MOBO because I did a fresh install of windows 7 on a 20gig Samsung drive just fine. And FYI, this isnt the first time I reinstalled windows on my WD drive.

Any help would be great! If anything doesn't make sense, just ask. Thanks :)
1 answer Last reply
More about windows install find
  1. That means the HDD (WD Caviar Blue 160gig) is death. You can run the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows from WD to test the drive.
    http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=606&sid=3&lang=en
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Windows 7 Storage