Solved

Where can i find windows xp drivers update online

I have a computer that has windows xp but Ethernet has yellow "?" and I can't go online, I know the computer has network card but need a driver update file that I can download on my memory stick and download it since I can't go online with it. Does any one know where can I find one or any advice on how to do this please?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where find windows drivers update online
  1. u must tell me what network card u have so i can link u to the latest drivers for winxp :)
  2. Yes, best sourse is the manufacturers website. If its a pre built computer like HP, Dell, Compaq... go to their site and look up the drivers for the model computer you have. If its a custom built you'll probably need to open the pc up and look on the lan card and get the manufatcturers name and model # off of it.
  3. iceclock said:
    u must tell me what network card u have so i can link u to the latest drivers for winxp :)

Its Dell OptiPlex 745, thanks
  4. Best answer
    imstudent said:
    Its Dell OptiPlex 745, thanks

Go to the Dell website and search for your model number. It should be easy to find the latest drivers. Download from a friend's computer, stick it on a flash and install on your machine.
  5. Best answer selected by imstudent.
  6. I found it on http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_745&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
    the problem that if i try to download on memory stick and go to the computer it would not open it, it say something about the formatting of the download not the stick though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows XP Components