Sign in with
Your question

How many screws are included with the Antec Three Hundred?

Last response: in Components
February 14, 2011 2:25:59 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased an Antec 300 case, and the screws were loose inside the case. How many screws are included in the little plastic bag that comes with the case? I am trying to count them all to make sure I didn't miss any.

I counted:

9 x motherboard standoffs
15 x larger phillips screws with hexagonal heads
16 x smaller phillips screws with round heads

The bag with the thumbscrews was intact and so I don't need a count of those.

If you could help me out I would really appreciate it!
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2011 3:02:06 AM

That should be plenty of screws. The most important is the number of standoffs (as the stock screws are easily replaceable), which should be 9. So 9 of your 31 screws will secure the motherboard, leaving more that enough for drives and expansion cards. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact number of screws that came with my 300 (though I know I used less screws than you have, so you should be fine).
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2011 3:06:38 AM

EXT64 -- I think it is more that they are worried one might be lodged somewhere inside the case and become dislodged later causing a short - so are trying to get a count of what is normally included in that particular case to assure themselves they found all of them.
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2011 3:49:22 AM

JDFan said:
EXT64 -- I think it is more that they are worried one might be lodged somewhere inside the case and become dislodged later causing a short - so are trying to get a count of what is normally included in that particular case to assure themselves they found all of them.

Exactly. I'm trying to determine if there is an extra somewhere that could fall inside my power supply or short out my motherboard.
m
l
February 14, 2011 6:41:22 AM

Most of the time, either the box itself or the manual should list how many screws and which types you received. I don't know if you checked either or those, but would be a good place to look. I couldn't find anything in the searches I tried in Google.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2011 12:13:53 PM

I checked around and cannot find a number. I would suggest taking the computer apart (remove all sides, fans, the front grill and fan holders) and then shaking it to dislodge any remaining screws. There aren't a ton of places for screws to hide in this case after taking it apart.
m
l
a c 288 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2011 12:26:22 PM

Mine were all in a little baggy under the side panel of the case at the bottom front near the hard drive bays, if the baggies were still sealed i wouldnt worry about it. Another option is to lean the case from side to side, you would hear any loose ones rolling or rattling about in there.
m
l
!