Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
recommendations at all? (I am UK based)

Thanks in Advance
Adebisi

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

Oh yer price is not really a problem
"Adebisi"
<leedale30_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:fGxKd.10585$n9.3235@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
> recommendations at all? (I am UK based)
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Adebisi

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

"Adebisi"
<leedale30_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:fGxKd.10585$n9.3235@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
> recommendations at all? (I am UK based)
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Adebisi

dell.co.uk

Adebisi wrote:

> Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
> recommendations at all? (I am UK based)

"gaming" and "laptop" are not two words that go together...

--
Need internal or external li-on laptop batteries from £30 (trade qty) new?
http://www.surfbaud.co.uk/index2.php

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

Look at the new dell offer...focus on the grafic card as the most
important part of a "gaming laptop".I do have a radeon 9700go on my
Gericom and believe or not there is no such game that wont work in high
resolution...If the price isn't a problem try something from
alienware,you may consider importing from US as well.For circa 4K$ you
can get a gaming laptop that will beat almost every desktop...
www.alienware.com
Imagine 2 HDD's in a raid array up to 200Gb,P4HT 3.6Ghz,2Gb of latest
RAM memory and of course GeForce 6800 256Mb.Got the picture already?

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

i think vodoo makes the best gameing laptop right now.
http://www.voodoopc.com/
http://www.voodoopc.com/sellPage.aspx?productID=1006
they run around 5 grand US $ for a top of the line sys.

so for me i play todays games on a uniwill sys half life 2, doom 3 and EQ2
and all run fine.
http://www.uniwill.com/products/performance/258ka0/258ka0.php?HL=1&P=2
you can find them from many online stores under a lot of diferent names but
they all run around $1500 US.
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/highendsystem/ntbkx649000.asp?v=d
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=120
just look you can find a few more.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Ragnarokamp" <ragnarok_amp@op.pl> wrote in message
> Look at the new dell offer...focus on the grafic card as the most
> important part of a "gaming laptop".I do have a radeon 9700go on my
> Gericom and believe or not there is no such game that wont work in high
> resolution...If the price isn't a problem try something from alienware,you
> may consider importing from US as well.For circa 4K$ you can get a gaming
> laptop that will beat almost every desktop...
> www.alienware.com
> Imagine 2 HDD's in a raid array up to 200Gb,P4HT 3.6Ghz,2Gb of latest RAM
> memory and of course GeForce 6800 256Mb.Got the picture already?

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

"Adebisi" <leedale30
_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
> recommendations at all? (I am UK based)
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Adebisi

Fujitsu N3010 - just make damn sure you use a cooling pad or the ATI
video chip will eventually go boom.

regards,

MSC

Blacksmith

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

There's a bunch of them and a bunch of opinions. My recommendation is to go
to:

http://www.notebookreview.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=25

And read some posts.

Personally I would go w/ a laptop w/ an X800.

"Adebisi"
<leedale30_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:fGxKd.10585$n9.3235@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi I am looking to buy a laptop for gaming. Does anyone have any
> recommendations at all? (I am UK based)
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Adebisi

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,comp.laptops (More info?)

They just had a group test for gaming laptops in What Laptop magazine, the Dell
XPS killed the others on the 3d benchmarks, beating the RockDirect and the
Alienware machine !

The Dell is the only one fitted with a GeForce Go 6800 Ultra as Dell are the
only vendor that has been supplied with this card. It really made a difference.

http://www.top5kit.com/default.asp?page=PRODUCTDETAIL&ProdID=54&SubCat=5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS