Okay so i have just built a computer last week and i installed a Radeon 4870 in it. Well my motherboard has a Radeon 4200 Onboard graphic. So i am thinking should i refund my 4870 and waiting about 2-3 months until the Radeon 6xxx series come out and buy a better graphic card and it will cheaper by then. Meanwhile in those 2-3 months i can play the games i play on my 4200 on med settings. So should i refund my 4870 and buy a 20% better card in 2-3 months? is this a good idea?
well i am asking because i can get a full refund from newegg since its been only about 7 days until i got it. so should i just refund it and after 2-3 months buy a good $200 card with dx 11 and such. so should i refund it?
well i need opinions. but a 4200 is okay i can play older games which i mostly do fine. and in 2-3 months i can have way more performance then what i have right now. so i just need your guys opinions on should i refund it or keep it?
1. the ATI 4870 can play any game out there on very good settings
2. when the ATI 6xxx series comes out you can get a card that performances 30% better but it will cost way more then 30% more. I would stick with the ATI 4870 until it no longer gives you the performance you want. Plus the ATX 6xxx series should be lower in price by then.....with the ATI 7xxx series coming out....or the ATI 8xxxx
4870 is slightly faster(but with the newer drivers the gap is much less now), so both will give you roughly the same performance.
Keep your 4870 and wait for HD 6xxx series and then decide whether you need a new card or not.
why return it? you have to pay 15% restocking fee + pay to ship it back(shipping might be around $10-14). I would just keep and use it and then sell it later. You'd mostly get about 10% less than what Newegg will offer you after restocking fee + shipping plus you'll get to use the card until the 6xxx comes out.
DX11 still has a while to "mature" DX11 is more like a marketing scheme because with the new windows (Win7) they have to make a new DX. Many game developers still make games for DX10 even DX9, your not missing out.
And like all others, I lawl. Your really just trying sooo hard to have someone tell you YES go return it. Almost all responses have led to, no don't return it. But your tryinng reallly hard.
If you feel your lacking in performance just get another 4870. The price for two is just 260$ tops.