Unable to BOOT with Sabertooth P67

DJMartec

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hi there!

I recently got my rig together and just wanted to install a clean copy of Windows 7 on my new Corsair SSD 120 gb. But... When I try to run the disc with my optical drive the screen turn black and a white dot is flashin back and forth up in the left corner and nothin happens. Ive tried so many options in the BIOS with no success..

What am I doing wrong? I just want to install Windows..

My specs are:
Case - HAF-X
MOBO- Sabertooth P67
RAM - Vengeance 16 gb total, 4 in use.
CPU - i7 2600K
PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 W
SSD - Corsair 120 GB
GPU - GTX 570

Would appriciate any help, just wanna get my new rig up and running! Any specs or any changes in the BIOS is helpful. I want to set it up right! You know... Configure it. Thanks in advance, appriciate it a lot.

Thanks.

regards

Martin

Do you have an old sata drive to work with? If so, try using it without the ssd connected. I connect mine after windows is running on my old drive; windows detects it. If your old drive is seagate or maxtor, maxblast 5 will detect and clone your new ssd. I just did this yesterday, and it works fine. My firmware update from ocz wouldn't load, and I did a safe erase, so I lost my old data. Maxblast disks also act as a boot device so you can prep your new drive before loading windows. Other drive makers have similar software.

DJMartec

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Hey man! thanks for the post!

I got it working by using wintoflash. Then i could boot from my USB and voila, got Windows 7 installed on my new rig!

Problem solved!

yay!